posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Flexible sola panel recommendation?

I'm thinking of a solar panel on my house top which is curved.
I am aware that these are not as efficient as other panels and that
there are better locations on some boats. With this in mind, I've
concluded that a 30-50 watt panels will be enough.
Any recommendations of manufacturers or distributors?

Thanks,
Jim
posted to rec.boats.electronics

Jim,
The technology is immature. Avoid these things like the plague. Even the
best degrade with exposure to heat and because the efficiency is so poor,
they will overheat without cooling. Don't believe the hype, you will be
dissapointed.
Steve

"JimConlin" wrote in message
I'm thinking of a solar panel on my house top which is curved.
I am aware that these are not as efficient as other panels and that
there are better locations on some boats. With this in mind, I've
concluded that a 30-50 watt panels will be enough.
Any recommendations of manufacturers or distributors?

Thanks,
Jim

posted to rec.boats.electronics
WBH WBH is offline

.. .

http://www.geoffschultz.org/Solara/s...nty_woes.shtml

| -- Geoff
| www.GeoffSchultz.org

Hi,
I read about your experiences just after I had bought 3 40W solara panels.
They have been working fine for 3 seasons now. How have your replacement
panels performed since 2007?

Wout

posted to rec.boats.electronics

"WBH" wrote in
:

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
| JimConlin wrote in news:dd52a27d-c358-44cc-9a85-
| :
|
| I'm thinking of a solar panel on my house top which is curved.
| I am aware that these are not as efficient as other panels and that
| there are better locations on some boats. With this in mind, I've
| concluded that a 30-50 watt panels will be enough.
| Any recommendations of manufacturers or distributors?
|
| Thanks,
| Jim
|
| I can't recommend a vendor, but I suggest that you stay away from
| Solara who made my flexible panels. You can read about my woes at

http://www.geoffschultz.org/Solara/s...nty_woes.shtml

| -- Geoff
| www.GeoffSchultz.org

Hi,
I read about your experiences just after I had bought 3 40W solara
panels. They have been working fine for 3 seasons now. How have your
replacement panels performed since 2007?

Wout

Yes, they've been working, but I've gotten several pieces of e-mail telling
me that the customer service issues with Solara in Germany haven't been
resolved. So, lets just hope that they keep working!

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

flexible water tank aptim General 3 December 10th 15 05:42 PM
Flexible solar panel recommendation? JimConlin Cruising 11 May 4th 09 08:37 AM
flexible solar panel daddyo Electronics 0 January 5th 09 08:09 PM
Flexible resin YSTay Boat Building 2 December 31st 03 12:55 AM
Flexible water tanks? Go Fig General 3 August 6th 03 06:45 PM