posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default Raymarine active speaker

I just bought a "Raymarine Active Speaker" like the one that goes with the
Ray 240E VHF. I was expecting to use it for my non-Raymarine VHF and my
(music) radio (with a manual switch).

I was expecting wireconnections something like +/- 12 v and 2 "speaker in"
conectors. However, it has 2 complicated plugs, at it's apparently supposed
to go in between the radio and the handset.

Does anyone know if its possible to cut the wires and get access to above
mentions 4 connections ? Or use the plug in any way ??

Bjarke

--
Maxi 999 - 'Escape' - Hundige

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Does anyone know if its possible to cut the wires and get access to above
mentions 4 connections ? Or use the plug in any way ??

Visit the raymarine.com website and ask.

If it's the E45003 speaker then it attaches via a handset connector on the
radio. The connectors have 8 pins. It's reasonable to assume there's lines
for data in/out, power, ground, speaker +/- and mic +/-. The handsets
support showing data, which the speaker would ignore, of course. It may not
be just plain NMEA. The VHF radio manual mentions the connector being
detailed in the installation guide, but I haven't seen that on their
website.

I have, however, had past success asking Raymarine support for technical
info and getting useful answers. You should try that. Summarize here to
help others find the answer in the future.

-Bill Kearney

Speaker installation Jay Electronics 22 February 22nd 05 12:55 PM
Speaker installation Jay Cruising 22 February 22nd 05 12:55 PM
Apelco/Raymarine 520 / Raymarine 102 handheld VHF SAIL LOCO Electronics 0 August 21st 04 03:08 AM
FS: Marine PA Speaker in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 March 31st 04 03:26 PM
vhf ext speaker mike hicks General 3 September 6th 03 03:30 PM