santacruz

Default Looking for an anchor that I can store disassembled - other than Fortress?

Looking for an anchor - probably Danforth-like - to use occasionally
as a stern anchor. I have a Danforth-type - maybe a real one of about
30 pounds that I keep in the lazarette - but it's a real pain -
catches everything and rattles around. Don't want a fisherman type
take-apart.

Any suggestions - other than Fortress/Guardian?

Glenn Ashmore

I have sold several Spade A100s for break down stern anchors. They
break down to about the size of a country ham. For quick assembly you
can use a stainless clevis pin with a spring cotter pin retainer rather
than the bolt.

I sell them cheaper than West marine but like Craig said, I don't give
'em away. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Armond Perretta

"santacruz" wrote in message
Looking for an anchor - probably Danforth-like - to use
occasionally as a stern anchor. I have a Danforth-type - maybe a
real one of about 30 pounds that I keep in the lazarette - but
it's a real pain - catches everything and rattles around. Don't
want a fisherman type take-apart.

Any suggestions - other than Fortress/Guardian?

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

Jere Lull

"santacruz" wrote in message
Looking for an anchor - probably Danforth-like - to use occasionally
as a stern anchor. I have a Danforth-type - maybe a real one of about
30 pounds that I keep in the lazarette - but it's a real pain -
catches everything and rattles around. Don't want a fisherman type
take-apart.

Any suggestions - other than Fortress/Guardian?

In article ,
"Craig Bryant" wrote:

While not a Danforth type anchor, the Spade anchors come apart into two
pieces. Kind of pricey for a stern anchor, though.

Agree with the Spade AND its price. Got one for a backup. It's now our
primary -- and we still have a Danforth in the lazerette.

--
Jere Lull

Messing In Boats

I hate to recommend Glenn Ashmore but he did deliver my Spade as
promised a lot cheaper than anyone else and I have to admit it's the
best anchor I have ever used. It disassembles quickly, but it's my
primary, so I don't do that very often.

I used it in British Columbia and Alaska, which has a wierd shale, clay,
mud and shell mixture that is tough to set an anchor in. We were having
particular troubles one night, trying to get it to set like we do in the
sand in Lake Superior. Someone in our fiord told us on the radio to just
throw in it and go to bed, because they like to set themselves. That's
what we did from then on, even in some strange slopes and fierce tides
and our anchor alarm never woke us.

Capt. Jeff