santacruz

Default Speaking of outboards - any comments on the Nissan/Tohatsu 3.5 hp 2 stroke?

Bad news?
Cheap place to buy it?

RoyB

I can't help the Tohatsu but the yamaha 3 hp 2 stroke that I
recently got is wonderful;. It runs on a 100:1 mix and is as smoke
free as a 2 stroke could ever be and it always starts on the first
pull. It provides far more motive power for our 9 foot high pressure
floor inflatable than I ever expected. The local Tohatsu guy swears
that Tohatsu builds these for Yamaha. The Yamaha dealer just as
loudly swears that they don't.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:27:59 -0700, santacruz
wrote:

Bad news?
Cheap place to buy it?

RoyB

I can't help the Tohatsu but the yamaha 3 hp 2 stroke that I
recently got is wonderful;. It runs on a 100:1 mix and is as smoke
free as a 2 stroke could ever be and it always starts on the first
pull. It provides far more motive power for our 9 foot high pressure
floor inflatable than I ever expected. The local Tohatsu guy swears
that Tohatsu builds these for Yamaha. The Yamaha dealer just as
loudly swears that they don't.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:27:59 -0700, santacruz
wrote:

Bad news?
Cheap place to buy it?

santacruz

Yamaha doesn't offer new 2 strokes smaller than 8 hp anymore
apparently - at least none on their website catalog.

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:56:53 GMT, RoyB wrote:

I can't help the Tohatsu but the yamaha 3 hp 2 stroke that I
recently got is wonderful;. It runs on a 100:1 mix and is as smoke
free as a 2 stroke could ever be and it always starts on the first
pull. It provides far more motive power for our 9 foot high pressure
floor inflatable than I ever expected. The local Tohatsu guy swears
that Tohatsu builds these for Yamaha. The Yamaha dealer just as
loudly swears that they don't.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:27:59 -0700, santacruz
wrote:

Bad news?
Cheap place to buy it?

santacruz

Yamaha doesn't offer new 2 strokes smaller than 8 hp anymore
apparently - at least none on their website catalog.

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:56:53 GMT, RoyB wrote:

I can't help the Tohatsu but the yamaha 3 hp 2 stroke that I
recently got is wonderful;. It runs on a 100:1 mix and is as smoke
free as a 2 stroke could ever be and it always starts on the first
pull. It provides far more motive power for our 9 foot high pressure
floor inflatable than I ever expected. The local Tohatsu guy swears
that Tohatsu builds these for Yamaha. The Yamaha dealer just as
loudly swears that they don't.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:27:59 -0700, santacruz
wrote:

Bad news?
Cheap place to buy it?

Rod McInnis

"santacruz" wrote in message
Bad news?
Cheap place to buy it?

I have a 9.9Hp Nissan. It gets maybe 30 hours of use a year, and I have had
it about 10 years. I have never done anything to it. Not even changed a
plug. It usually starts the first pull. It has been a great motor.

Rod

Keith

I had a 5 hp Nissan 2 stroke which was built by Tohatsu. Best outboard I
ever owned. Not a single problem, always started on first pull, or second
after being winterized over a few months. When I upgraded, they didn't make
a 2 stroke at 25hp, so I had to get a Yamaha. Second choice, but it works
well too, but not as good as the Nissan/Tohatsu.

--

Keith
__
"Rod McInnis" wrote in message

"santacruz" wrote in message
Bad news?
Cheap place to buy it?

I have a 9.9Hp Nissan. It gets maybe 30 hours of use a year, and I have

had
it about 10 years. I have never done anything to it. Not even changed a
plug. It usually starts the first pull. It has been a great motor.

Rod

RoyB

I'm in Australia where Yamaha does offer smaller 2 strokes in
2,3,4,5,6 and 8 hp.

RB

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:26:37 -0700, santacruz
wrote:

Yamaha doesn't offer new 2 strokes smaller than 8 hp anymore
apparently - at least none on their website catalog.

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:56:53 GMT, RoyB wrote:

I can't help the Tohatsu but the yamaha 3 hp 2 stroke that I
recently got is wonderful;. It runs on a 100:1 mix and is as smoke
free as a 2 stroke could ever be and it always starts on the first
pull. It provides far more motive power for our 9 foot high pressure
floor inflatable than I ever expected. The local Tohatsu guy swears
that Tohatsu builds these for Yamaha. The Yamaha dealer just as
loudly swears that they don't.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:27:59 -0700, santacruz
wrote:

Bad news?
Cheap place to buy it?