Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tom

Default What topcoat paint for wooden oars?

What's a thick tough 1 or 2 part paint for wooden oars - have 2 sets
of avon 2 piece oars and 1 set hard dingy oars that I don't want to
have to repaint ever again.

I stripped them to bare wood, coated with West epoxy and have sprayed
on 2 coats of 2 part epoxy primer - what's the last coat - I have some
Sterling 2 part LP I could use but oars tend to live in the wet
bottoms of dinks and LP doesn't like to be immersed in water. Besides
it's not abrasion resistant - oars get used for testing bottom depths,
pushing off rocks, etc Needs to be UV proof, abrasion & water proof.

How about a good quality exterior latex semigloss - would that stand
up to the torture?

Fibreglass plug paint problem Ivan Boat Building 3 May 18th 04 01:07 PM
What topcoat paint for wooden oars? Tom Boat Building 5 April 22nd 04 04:09 AM
Replacing bottom paint Mike Cruising 4 February 12th 04 02:28 AM
engine paint in fuel system David Ward General 0 August 20th 03 04:20 AM