Default Hurricane Ike coverage live

KHOU has live coverage 24/7 on:

http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes

without the spam and usual filtering....

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:36:26 +0000, Larry wrote:

KHOU has live coverage 24/7 on:

http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes

without the spam and usual filtering....

Hmmm...my kid's riding it out at Corpus for now. His Montego 19 is on
a trailer. He's thinking it will pass to the north a little, but who
knows? The UTexas Corpus campus is designed for type 2 hurricanes
so if Ike goes to a 3, they will see some damage. The student body is
out of there to an inland UT campus, with contact cards on file,
so they are in shape.

Brian W

On Sep 11, 10:21*pm, Brian Whatcott wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:36:26 +0000, Larry wrote:
KHOU has live coverage 24/7 on:

http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes

without the spam and usual filtering....

Hmmm...my kid's riding it out at Corpus for now. His Montego 19 is on
a trailer. He's thinking it will pass to the north a little, but who
knows? The UTexas Corpus campus is designed for type 2 hurricanes
so if Ike goes to a 3, they will see some damage. The student body is
out of there to an inland UT campus, with contact cards on file,
so they are in shape.

Brian W

Corpus is fine, they will have a bit of rain and all the water will be
blown offshore.

Fred

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:02:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Corpus is fine,

Galveston, ehhhh, not so much.

Brian Whatcott wrote in
:

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:36:26 +0000, Larry wrote:

KHOU has live coverage 24/7 on:

http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes

without the spam and usual filtering....

Hmmm...my kid's riding it out at Corpus for now. His Montego 19 is on
a trailer. He's thinking it will pass to the north a little, but who
knows? The UTexas Corpus campus is designed for type 2 hurricanes
so if Ike goes to a 3, they will see some damage. The student body is
out of there to an inland UT campus, with contact cards on file,
so they are in shape.

Brian W

KHOU, dead in the path of the storm in Houston, is talking about a Cat 1 at
landfall and I hope they're right.

khou.com has a live 24/7 coverage player running. I've been watching it
most of the afternoon...

http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes

He'll get some gales in Corpus Christi but nothing like was predicted
yesterday.

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:02:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Corpus is fine,

Galveston, ehhhh, not so much.

20' surge will wipe Galveston out......again.

Watching the live coverage on KHOU-TV11, the waves are topping the
Galveston seawall already, right now....

http://www.khou.com/video/?nvid=1788...e=yes&noad=yes

Larry wrote in news:Xns9B179D27B306noonehomecom@
208.49.80.253:

He'll get some gales in Corpus Christi but nothing like was predicted
yesterday.

Galveston is in the process of going underwater at 10AM. They don't have
enough wind to down the chopper coverage but the water is just rising up
through the storm sewers and overtopping the 17' seawall with huge waves.

And, Ike is still 200 miles away.

I hope this isn't the end of the beautiful "Elissa". What do you do with a
square rigged ship when the water is 20 feet above the ends of the wharf
pilings? I also hope Joe got his coffee moved to higher ground.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

And, Ike is still 200 miles away.

I hope this isn't the end of the beautiful "Elissa". What do you do
with a square rigged ship when the water is 20 feet above the ends of
the wharf pilings? I also hope Joe got his coffee moved to higher
ground.

If you watch the KHOU feed, they are near several marinas whos parking lots
are already under 2-3 feet of water. I'm noting the freeboard left on the
marina's floating dock concrete poles that hold them together and even way
before the storm. Those docks are going to be free in the next 8 hours....

The whole marina will just float away....

NJ coast cell coverage [email protected] Cruising 2 May 26th 07 01:57 PM
Olympic Coverage Skipper General 0 February 11th 06 12:54 AM
Katrina coverage Doug Kanter General 1 August 31st 05 08:06 PM
BlueChart coverage on Garmin 168 Larry Charlot Electronics 2 November 10th 03 04:25 AM