Larry Larry is offline

Default Hurricane Ike coverage live

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

And, Ike is still 200 miles away.

I hope this isn't the end of the beautiful "Elissa". What do you do
with a square rigged ship when the water is 20 feet above the ends of
the wharf pilings? I also hope Joe got his coffee moved to higher
ground.

If you watch the KHOU feed, they are near several marinas whos parking lots
are already under 2-3 feet of water. I'm noting the freeboard left on the
marina's floating dock concrete poles that hold them together and even way
before the storm. Those docks are going to be free in the next 8 hours....

The whole marina will just float away....