Default Spot is screwed up!

"Larry" wrote in message

Spot's web page is screwed up....and, obviously, cannot be trusted to
render properly.

I've been running mine all summer and checking it and have been following
Skip's closely. I have yet to see an inaccurate fix (allowing for it being
non-WAAS) fix. Nor can do I see the problem with Skip's positions that you
describe.

--
Roger Long

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 05:53:27 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .

Spot's web page is screwed up....and, obviously, cannot be trusted to
render properly.

I've been running mine all summer and checking it and have been following
Skip's closely. I have yet to see an inaccurate fix (allowing for it being
non-WAAS) fix. Nor can do I see the problem with Skip's positions that you
describe.

I think Larry needs to purge his browser cache or something...
CGB CGB is offline

I just saw this thread and am totally in the dark this stuff. None of
the links worked for me but I did link to findmespot and it sounds neat.

If there is a working link, I'd appreciate an update. I am not registered
there. Is that a problem?

Chet

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:47:50 -0400, "CGB" wrote:

I just saw this thread and am totally in the dark this stuff. None of
the links worked for me but I did link to findmespot and it sounds neat.

If there is a working link, I'd appreciate an update. I am not registered
there. Is that a problem?

Chet

Try this, no registration required:

http://tinyurl.com/6c6w8q

The URL previously posted "wrapped around" to a second line so it gets
cut off if you click on it.

CGB CGB is offline

When I click on that ( http://tinyurl.com/6c6w8q ) or manually type it into
IE or Firefox, I get a page with the orange findmespot logo across the top
but the rest is blank.

In IE there is a note at bottom that says "done" but there is a yellow
triangle with an exclamation mark in it.

In Firefox it just says "done"

I do run some antispyware, malware, ad blockers, etc.

Thanks,

Chet

Try this, no registration required:

http://tinyurl.com/6c6w8q

The URL previously posted "wrapped around" to a second line so it gets
cut off if you click on it.

Wait a bit. The pages say "Done" before they have loaded everything and are
sometimes slow. The tracking feature is still in beta.

--
Roger Long

I sometimes have had difficulties with googlemaps. There's something
which stops it from loading maps in Firefox, but I don't recall the
solution.

Do a google on the subject with FireFox specifics and it will come up,
I believe. I cured my problem...

Off to explore Mattituck in a soft rain...

--
L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its
hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)

In article , CGB wrote:
When I click on that ( http://tinyurl.com/6c6w8q ) or manually type it into
IE or Firefox, I get a page with the orange findmespot logo across the top
but the rest is blank.

In IE there is a note at bottom that says "done" but there is a yellow
triangle with an exclamation mark in it.

In Firefox it just says "done"

I do run some antispyware, malware, ad blockers, etc.

Java script turned off? The page does need it.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

OT- Screwed... but we've talked it over before.... Short Wave Sportfishing General 4 March 25th 07 06:45 AM
OT Ref screwed up Reggie Smithers General 4 January 17th 06 11:34 PM
I screwed up Harry.Krause General 0 October 4th 05 09:58 PM
I've screwed up now [email protected] General 14 September 16th 05 03:18 PM
I must have screwed up . . . Capt. Neal® ASA 3 January 21st 05 03:43 PM