Default Spot is screwed up!

When I opened Skip's Spot page, it showed his position as just outside the
channel off Maidstone Park, LI.

I went away and left it running and when I came back his position had
radically changed to show him only 1/3 of the distance from Plum Island to
Maidstone Park, all his fixes changed from when the page opened!

Spot's web page is screwed up....and, obviously, cannot be trusted to
render properly.

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:08:11 +0000, Larry wrote:

When I opened Skip's Spot page, it showed his position as just outside the
channel off Maidstone Park, LI.

I went away and left it running and when I came back his position had
radically changed to show him only 1/3 of the distance from Plum Island to
Maidstone Park, all his fixes changed from when the page opened!

Spot's web page is screwed up....and, obviously, cannot be trusted to
render properly.

I think it's you, Larry. G

I'm following Skip's path. At 6:10 PM , He's in Mattituck Inlet headed
for the anchorage at the head.

I have no idea what you are looking at.

Here's the link I use to get to his page:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...PLcZGvSb3 nMe

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:53:18 +0000, Larry wrote:

wrote in :

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:08:11 +0000, Larry wrote:

When I opened Skip's Spot page, it showed his position as just outside
the channel off Maidstone Park, LI.

I went away and left it running and when I came back his position had
radically changed to show him only 1/3 of the distance from Plum
Island to Maidstone Park, all his fixes changed from when the page
opened!

Spot's web page is screwed up....and, obviously, cannot be trusted to
render properly.

I think it's you, Larry. G

I'm following Skip's path. At 6:10 PM , He's in Mattituck Inlet headed
for the anchorage at the head.

I have no idea what you are looking at.

Here's the link I use to get to his page:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...lId=0sKGa9AJRC
F45FaX5L5g6PLcZGvSb3nMe

Same link. Tonight I'm showing him back in CT headed upriver 18 mins ago.

Not sure why the other tracks happened. it's crazy. All came from the
same stored webpage and all said Flying Pig on them.

That's yesterday you are looking at.

wrote in :

That's yesterday you are looking at.

Hmm....it was listed at 18 minutes ago when I looked at it. Most amusing.

"Larry" wrote in message

Spot's web page is screwed up....and, obviously, cannot be trusted to
render properly.

I've been running mine all summer and checking it and have been following
Skip's closely. I have yet to see an inaccurate fix (allowing for it being
non-WAAS) fix. Nor can do I see the problem with Skip's positions that you
describe.

--
Roger Long

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 03:51:28 +0000, Larry wrote:

wrote in :

That's yesterday you are looking at.

Hmm....it was listed at 18 minutes ago when I looked at it. Most amusing.

I just checked this morning, and I can see Skip's path through the
night as he swung on his anchor in the Mattituck Anchorage.

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 05:53:27 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .

Spot's web page is screwed up....and, obviously, cannot be trusted to
render properly.

I've been running mine all summer and checking it and have been following
Skip's closely. I have yet to see an inaccurate fix (allowing for it being
non-WAAS) fix. Nor can do I see the problem with Skip's positions that you
describe.

I think Larry needs to purge his browser cache or something...

wrote in :

That may have been it.....

OT- Screwed... but we've talked it over before.... Short Wave Sportfishing General 4 March 25th 07 06:45 AM
OT Ref screwed up Reggie Smithers General 4 January 17th 06 11:34 PM
I screwed up Harry.Krause General 0 October 4th 05 09:58 PM
I've screwed up now [email protected] General 14 September 16th 05 03:18 PM
I must have screwed up . . . Capt. Neal® ASA 3 January 21st 05 03:43 PM