Travelling light

Default Two months in Quito and Galapagos

Hi, I'm going to Ecuador and especially Galapagos for two months
Aug-Sept this year. Looking for advice on weather, what to wear e.g.
shoes for hiking/rain forests/eco travel. How about Quito: where to
stay at budget price? What does a vegetarian get to eat? Special
dishes, for meat eaters, too? Low budget restaurants? Is it safe for a
young woman to travel and take trips alone? Which is better, cash,
credit cards or travel cheques? How much money for living for two
months? Thanks,
Dan

"Travelling light" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I'm going to Ecuador and especially Galapagos for two months
Aug-Sept this year. Looking for advice on weather, what to wear e.g.
shoes for hiking/rain forests/eco travel. How about Quito: where to
stay at budget price? What does a vegetarian get to eat? Special
dishes, for meat eaters, too? Low budget restaurants? Is it safe for a
young woman to travel and take trips alone? Which is better, cash,
credit cards or travel cheques? How much money for living for two
months? Thanks,

Are you saliing to Galapagos / Equador? I've always wanted to do that. The
dream is getting closer for me, looks like you'll beat me to it.

dan

none

the best place for up-to-date info is the thorntree on the lonelyplanet
website. It is a bulleton board and people that have just been and
sometimes stil are there will respond.
I have been there ten yrs ago and i'm told crime has risen in Quito and
the Galapagoes themselves,,,alas, the world we live in.
Dress for 35C and then 10C depending on what side of the Humbolt current
you are on. there are penguins and palms so take at least a fleece and a
windbreaker. Visa is my prefered choice for money with a little USD $200.
or so. and maybe even a few hundered in travelers cheques. Learn a little
spanish and you will always get better service.
rick, canada