Default Postcard from Maine

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Postcard.jpg

--
Roger Long

"Michael Porter" wrote

Actually, Saturday was a beautiful day at the MBH&H Show in Rockland!

It was beautiful here (Portland) as well and I had two nice sails each side
of a neighborhood lobster bake.

What's going on this year is that the proportions of nice and ugly days seem
to be exactly reversed from normal.

I'm leaving Thursday planning to do my usual marathon legs so as to get down
to Eastport and see the last small section of the Maine coast I haven't seen
yet by water. I sure hope this pattern breaks soon.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote:

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Postcard.jpg

grin

Actually, Saturday was a beautiful day at the MBH&H Show in Rockland!

Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 09:08:58 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I'm leaving Thursday planning to do my usual marathon legs so as to get down
to Eastport and see the last small section of the Maine coast I haven't seen
yet by water. I sure hope this pattern breaks soon.

Be sure and spend a day or two anchored off the beach at Roque Island,
entering via the Thorofare on the SW side of the cove. The chart
shows a rock in the middle of the channel but there is wide consensus
that it does not exist. We carried our 5 1/2 feet over it at close to
low tide with no problems, and no sign of a rock on the depth sounder.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5...orofareps4.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1...slandmafu9.jpg

On 2008-08-10 09:08:58 -0400, "Roger Long" said:

What's going on this year is that the proportions of nice and ugly days seem
to be exactly reversed from normal.

It looks like weather we normally get is heading north, along with your
normal weather. ;-)

It's been pretty good down here, pretty decent winds and the few storms
isolated while we were out.

--
Jere Lull

wrote:

"Michael Porter" wrote

Actually, Saturday was a beautiful day at the MBH&H Show in Rockland!

It was beautiful here (Portland) as well and I had two nice sails each side
of a neighborhood lobster bake.

What's going on this year is that the proportions of nice and ugly days seem
to be exactly reversed from normal.

I'm leaving Thursday planning to do my usual marathon legs

What's that in Skips(tm)?

so as to get down
to Eastport and see the last small section of the Maine coast I haven't seen
yet by water. I sure hope this pattern breaks soon.

"Roger Long" wrote in news:g7mjk2$mvl$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Postcard.jpg

Nice view. Now I know why Skip and Lydia were in such a hurry to get there
and not miss it!

Hope Flying Pig's foghorn isn't broken....hee hee.

Maine Passage - Day 9 Skip Gundlach Cruising 7 August 8th 08 10:29 PM
Grim MO in Maine Roger Long Cruising 20 October 26th 05 09:22 PM
Maine Roll-On J Brady General 2 September 2nd 04 07:37 PM
Maine Roll-On J Brady Touring 2 September 2nd 04 07:37 PM