Default Flying Pig SPOT Device Not Reporting Today

There is a weak low to their north. Winds are out of the SE at 5-10 knots.
Should be fairly calm.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Roger Long" wrote in message
What's the best web link to get weather reports for their probable
position?

--
Roger Long

Bob Bob is offline

On Aug 2, 5:28*pm, "Glenn Ashmore" wrote:
There is a weak low to their north. *Winds are out of the SE at 5-10 knots.

Hello,

Skip and Lydia have been out of contact for a lot of time now. I hope
nothing happend to them. With that LOW to the north it could have
kicked up a sneaker wave anne capsized them. I think we should call
the USCG and notify them that Skip is over due!
Bob

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:24:43 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

What's the best web link to get weather reports for their probable position?

There are two that I rely on a lot:

1. US Navy Wave Analysis Model (Global WAM)

http://tinyurl.com/5fxjzy

and the second is the GRIB data available via WINLINK or SAILMAIL

http://www.siriuscyber.net/wxfax/

Both show a fairly benign current outlook for their last known
position.

Hi, all --

On Aug 2, 12:18*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
The SPOT device on Skip and Lydia's boat had been faithfully sending
up position reorts every 10 or 20 minutes until 5:47 AM this morning,
nothing since then.

Has anyone heard anything? *They were about 100 miles east of Cape
May, NJ at last report, *heading east south east.

Haven't even checked the SPOT logs yet, but I got Day 6 (and the
missing piece of Day 5) between 0100 and 0800 today.

HAND

:-D
--
David T-G

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 22:36:20 +0100, Goofball_star_dot_etal
wrote:

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 16:10:32 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I turned my SPOT on a while ago and the tracking system is up and
functioning so it is something specific to S&L's unit.

You have to reactivate tracking every 24 hours which would be pretty easy to
forget with two people making their first long two handed passage. I think
that is the most likely explanation.

I think he sleeps for 24 hours..

Must have woken up..

Co-ordinates: (WGS84)
39.3297 , -69.8866

03 August 2008 15:20:22 (GMT +1)

Wayne.B wrote in
:

The SPOT device on Skip and Lydia's boat had been faithfully sending
up position reorts every 10 or 20 minutes until 5:47 AM this morning,
nothing since then.

Has anyone heard anything? They were about 100 miles east of Cape
May, NJ at last report, heading east south east.

It's on, now. Battery musta gone dead. I'm getting reports every 10 mins,
now.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...ots.jsp?&glId=
0sKGa9AJRCF45FaX5L5g6PLcZGvSb3nMe

"Larry" wrote

It's on, now. Battery musta gone dead. I'm getting reports every 10
mins,
now.

Batteries should have lasted that long based on the performance of mine.
More likely, they forgot the necessary every 24 hour reactivation of the
tracking feature. Reading their recent reports about the mast collar, etc,
that's would be easy to understand.

--
Roger Long