Default Flying Pig SPOT Device Not Reporting Today

The SPOT device on Skip and Lydia's boat had been faithfully sending
up position reorts every 10 or 20 minutes until 5:47 AM this morning,
nothing since then.

Has anyone heard anything? They were about 100 miles east of Cape
May, NJ at last report, heading east south east.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
The SPOT device on Skip and Lydia's boat had been faithfully sending
up position reorts every 10 or 20 minutes until 5:47 AM this morning,
nothing since then.

Has anyone heard anything? They were about 100 miles east of Cape
May, NJ at last report, heading east south east.

Heading ESE!!! A bad omen for a cruise to Maine!

Wilbur Hubbard

The tracking service is still in beta and subject to occasional shut downs.

--
Roger Long

wrote:

Has anyone heard anything? They were about 100 miles east of Cape
May, NJ at last report, heading east south east.

Heading ESE!!! A bad omen for a cruise to Maine!

Wilbur Hubbard

My bad, it was ENE.

Well, at least they were on course.

With all the electrical crap Skippy insists on having, all it would take is
one big short circuit to put most of his floating gismo factory out of
commission thus rendering it invisible to the outside world.

I turned my SPOT on a while ago and the tracking system is up and
functioning so it is something specific to S&L's unit.

You have to reactivate tracking every 24 hours which would be pretty easy to
forget with two people making their first long two handed passage. I think
that is the most likely explanation.

--
Roger Long

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 16:10:32 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I turned my SPOT on a while ago and the tracking system is up and
functioning so it is something specific to S&L's unit.

You have to reactivate tracking every 24 hours which would be pretty easy to
forget with two people making their first long two handed passage. I think
that is the most likely explanation.

I think he sleeps for 24 hours..

wrote:

You have to reactivate tracking every 24 hours which would be pretty easy to
forget with two people making their first long two handed passage. I think
that is the most likely explanation.

Possibly, I hope that's the case. On the other hand they've been out
about 5 days now. That's a long time for two inexperienced people
offshore.

wrote:

You have to reactivate tracking every 24 hours which would be pretty easy
forget with two people making their first long two handed passage. I
think
that is the most likely explanation.

Possibly, I hope that's the case. On the other hand they've been out
about 5 days now. That's a long time for two inexperienced people
offshore.

I would have typed "incompetent" instead of "inexperienced." Seems like
they've been telling us about their very long laundry list of mishaps for a
couple of years now.

But, I wish them no harm. I just wish they'd pay more attention to the
basics instead of all the gadgets that misdirect their efforts from the job
at hand.

I can't help recalling how many times their kitty cat ran away and tried to
avoid going along with them this time. I think the poor animal knew
something her owners didn't.

Wilbur Hubbard

What's the best web link to get weather reports for their probable position?

--
Roger Long