Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default nmea - talkers - listeners and lessons learned.

When I got my second nmea device, i was excited -- "hook it up" the manual said
-- support said "yes; you just hook up all the nmea out with nmea in of the
other devices and visa versa" so I did.

It appeared to work. however, since I have some weird things recently
discovered, we've traced it down to the fact that the info I got was wrong; and
my understanding of nmea was woefully weak.

GPS: listens & talks (2 lines of each)
RADAR: listens & talks
navtex: listens only
autopilot: listens only
flowscan: listens only
VHF listen/talk

Navtex, Autopilot & flowscan need to listen to the gps
radar & gps need to listen & talk to each other
The VHF radio talks/listens to the gps.

AIS receiver is in the budget & will need to talk to the gps & radar.

From a few hours search; it seems I need multiple-multiplexers to make this work
"correctly" -- can anyone give me a hand?

-josh

Lessons to be learned from the wreck of the 'RED CLOUD' Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Cruising 36 May 14th 08 02:40 AM
Lessons to be learned from the wreck of the 'RED CLOUD' Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] ASA 49 May 14th 08 02:40 AM
Lessons Learned Lee[_4_] ASA 0 April 25th 08 08:32 AM
Maretron SSC200 - NMEA 2000® / NMEA 0183 Solid State Compass b393capt Electronics 0 January 10th 07 03:04 PM
Changing Prop inwater. (lessons learned) Steve Cruising 3 May 2nd 05 12:08 AM