Ansley W. Sawyer Ansley W. Sawyer is offline

Default nmea - talkers - listeners and lessons learned.

Armond,

I have almost the same set up as do you. I have installed a Brookhouse
multiplexer so that I do not have to switch NMEA talkers on and off. The
GPS(Furuno 7000), Autopilot(Simrad Robertson AP20 with 3000x box), and the
fathometer (Furuno RD30 with Airmar transducer) all feed into the
multiplexer. The multiplexer then feeds out to the GPS, Radar Position
(Furuno 1721M2), Radar Compass, Autopilot, & Depth and the computer. The AIS
receiver(Milltech SR161 with antenna splitter) I feed straight into the
computer with the Cap'n software. The computer get GPS data from the
multiplexer and AIS data from the AIS receiver. It all works great.

I believe that Milltech now has a multiplexer that will handle the AIS data
but I have had mine for a few years.

Cheers

Ansley Sawyer
SV Pacem