Default Anyone using Earth NC charting?

http://earthnc.com/

Nautical Charts of the whole continent plus a lot more....uses Google Earth
coupled to your GPS data.....$50!

Take a look at the video....

The days of the $2000 proprietary chart plotter ripoff is ending...

....right on your laptop or handheld tablet.

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 02:40:19 +0000, Larry wrote:

http://earthnc.com/

Nautical Charts of the whole continent plus a lot more....uses Google Earth
coupled to your GPS data.....$50!

Take a look at the video....

The days of the $2000 proprietary chart plotter ripoff is ending...

...right on your laptop or handheld tablet.

Can it be used without an internet connection?

If not, then it's not quite ready for chart plotter replacement duty,
not by a long shot.

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 02:40:19 +0000, Larry wrote:

http://earthnc.com/

Nautical Charts of the whole continent plus a lot more....uses Google
Earth coupled to your GPS data.....$50!

Take a look at the video....

The days of the $2000 proprietary chart plotter ripoff is ending...

...right on your laptop or handheld tablet.

Can it be used without an internet connection?

If not, then it's not quite ready for chart plotter replacement duty,
not by a long shot.

Yes. All the charts come on a $50 CD for North America. It stores all the
map tiles from Google on your hard drive prior to leaving home...just like
my Nokia N800 internet tablet's Maemo Mapper does. Then it goes to the
memory for the map tiles of satellite photos, for instance.

The only thing it needs internet for is the live, realtime weather/points
of interest/stuff that can't be stored. Everything else is your GPS input.

This is really cool looking stuff.

On Jul 13, 2:02*pm, Larry wrote:
Wayne.B wrote :

[...]

This is really cool looking stuff.- Hide quoted text -

What does this do?

"GPS Option for Chart Plotter Functionality
GooPs Pro GPS Software Download (PC Only) $19.95"

"Capt.Bill" wrote in news:dbb940e8-d2bd-40cb-
:

What does this do?

"GPS Option for Chart Plotter Functionality
GooPs Pro GPS Software Download (PC Only) $19.95"

I don't know. I just found the website and wanted to know if anyone here
had used this company's products.

That probably adds GPS data to the PC on PCs that won't talk to NMEA

On Jul 13, 4:43*pm, Larry wrote:
"Capt.Bill" wrote in news:dbb940e8-d2bd-40cb-
:

What does this do?

"GPS Option for Chart Plotter Functionality
GooPs Pro GPS Software Download (PC Only) $19.95"

I don't know. *I just found the website and wanted to know if anyone here
had used this company's products.

That probably adds GPS data to the PC on PCs that won't talk to NMEA

It has added features over free GooPs.

I bought their stuff and I'm going to try out their charting system on
my trip from New Buffalo Mich. To Marco Island FL.

I upgraded to GooPs pro as well.

Capt. Bill

On Jul 14, 11:55*pm, Larry wrote:
"Capt.Bill" wrote in news:f67fdcf3-2084-4fb8-
:

On Jul 13, 4:43*pm, Larry wrote:
"Capt.Bill" wrote in news:dbb940e8-d2bd-40cb-
:

What does this do?

"GPS Option for Chart Plotter Functionality
GooPs Pro GPS Software Download (PC Only) $19.95"

I don't know. *I just found the website and wanted to know if anyone he

re
had used this company's products.

That probably adds GPS data to the PC on PCs that won't talk to NMEA

It has added features over free GooPs.

I bought their stuff and I'm going to try out their charting system on
my trip from New Buffalo Mich. To Marco Island FL.

I upgraded to GooPs pro as well.

Capt. Bill

Please give us a good report on your realtime experiences with it...thanks.- Hide quoted text -

I will. In fact if I can get it all to work you may be able to "ride
along" via video link.

Capt. Bill

On Jul 13, 4:43*pm, Larry wrote:
"Capt.Bill" wrote in news:dbb940e8-d2bd-40cb-
:

What does this do?

"GPS Option for Chart Plotter Functionality
GooPs Pro GPS Software Download (PC Only) $19.95"

I don't know. *I just found the website and wanted to know if anyone he
re
had used this company's products.

That probably adds GPS data to the PC on PCs that won't talk to NMEA

It has added features over free GooPs.

I bought their stuff and I'm going to try out their charting system on
my trip from New Buffalo Mich. To Marco Island FL.

I upgraded to GooPs pro as well.

Capt. Bill

Please give us a good report on your realtime experiences with it...thanks.- Hide quoted text -

I will. In fact if I can get it all to work you may be able to "ride
along" via video link.

Capt. Bill- Hide quoted text -

Got the EarthNC and GooPs up and running. Pretty good stuff. Will not
take the place of a real plotter (and the company agrees) but close.
Lots of detail though.

Should have video and tracking up and running for the trip.

Capt. Bill

On Jul 13, 4:43*pm, Larry wrote:
[...]

Video and EarthNC tracking is up: earthnc.com/captbill