Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Silaprene Adhesive/Sealant experience

On Jul 8, 12:31*pm, "Roger Long" wrote:
When *I replaced the gaskets on my aluminum skylights, the company insisted
that only Silaprene would do the job. *I couldn't find it anywhere and
bought a tube from them for 20 bucks. *So far (two seasons), no sign of the
gaskets coming loose. *It's used a lot to attach window glazing into high
rise curtain walls if I remember the refererences during my search
correctly.

--
Roger Long

Thanks for that. I googled Silaprene and the prices are all over the
place but you can get it for about $9 a tube plus shipping. AFIK, it
seems to mostly be an automotive product. So, my worry is that it
might not really be up to long term immersion... Good to hear that it
works on your skylights.

-- Tom.

Adhesive/Sealant for Lexan Windows Leonard Boat Building 5 October 19th 06 06:33 AM
Adhesive/Sealant for Lexan Windows Leonard Cruising 2 February 4th 06 07:31 PM
Chainplates: 3M5200 v Silaprene bob Boat Building 8 October 11th 05 05:05 PM
Proper sealant use Dan Boat Building 3 June 28th 04 01:53 AM
hull sealant Fishnfella Boat Building 0 September 16th 03 01:36 AM