John Smith

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! ____ UGYAiMGRr

Have the same problem in England, Had to report a fault on a telephone a few
weeks ago, I'm sure the call went to India.
As other posters have said, if you removed or reduced welfare payments there
would be a lot more 'willing' workers available. A friend of mine is
involved in agriculture, he tells me that he cannot recruit fruit pickers
etc from 'home grown labour' and has to hire overseas staff via an agency.
There is a local factory that processes chickens (frozen chicken) I have
recently been told that they have laid off all their long term staff and now
just use agency staff, mainly from eastern europe. Not the sort of job I
would wish to do myself but several people have lost their jobs in favour of
immigrants.
Too many here don't want to work and too many from elsewhere are coming in
and claiming benefits neither they or any of their older relatives have
contributed towards!!
the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
John

Old Nick

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:34:06 +0100, "John Smith"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Have the same problem in England, Had to report a fault on a telephone a few
weeks ago, I'm sure the call went to India.
As other posters have said, if you removed or reduced welfare payments there
would be a lot more 'willing' workers available.

Yes. But it's never this simple, dammit!

One of those workers may be able to take _your_ job, for less
pay....and ;ess pay...and less pay.
************************************************** ** sorry

..........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?
beachnut

Do you know that your fed and state tax dollars help pay for illegal aliens?
A west Texas study estimated the cost to the county just for medical was
5400 per person, for the 8 children of one illegal alien. They didn't
figure on his wife also collecting welfare, their kids getting education,
and the other social costs like legal/criminal. Oh, by the way, no state or
election judge in the country demands proof of US citizenship to vote or
collect welfare? And neither political party will touch this issue, because
of corporate contributions wanting cheap disposable labor.

Outsourcing may be inevitable, but the loss of our borders and 8-12
million illegals after 9/11 is intentional.
"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:34:06 +0100, "John Smith"
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Have the same problem in England, Had to report a fault on a telephone a

few
weeks ago, I'm sure the call went to India.
As other posters have said, if you removed or reduced welfare payments

there
would be a lot more 'willing' workers available.

Yes. But it's never this simple, dammit!

One of those workers may be able to take _your_ job, for less
pay....and ;ess pay...and less pay.
************************************************** ** sorry

.........no I'm not!

Does Bill Gates dream of electronic sheep?

Larry W4CSC

"beachnut" wrote in
:

Do you know that your fed and state tax dollars help pay for illegal
aliens? A west Texas study estimated the cost to the county just for
medical was 5400 per person, for the 8 children of one illegal alien.
They didn't figure on his wife also collecting welfare, their kids
getting education, and the other social costs like legal/criminal.
Oh, by the way, no state or election judge in the country demands
proof of US citizenship to vote or collect welfare? And neither
political party will touch this issue, because of corporate
contributions wanting cheap disposable labor.

I did work in Bahrain back in the 80's for the Navy.....\

Bahrainis got it just right. There's LOTS of cheap, Indian and Bangladeshi
labor in the country that does all the menial tasks. However, only the MEN
are allowed to come into Bahrain to WORK, not the whole families. Noone
could become a citizen unless they we
Moslem
spoke fluent Arabic
had been resident worker in Bahrain for 25 years.
So much for the social problems. They were there to work, not to sponge
off the local tax base and government services.

Workers were very cooperative. If they were fired, they had 2 weeks to get
another job/sponsor or the government shipped them back home where they'd
have to start the process all over again. Few did. I had a friend who
lived in the country working for Halliburton. He was a "good ol' boy from
Oklahoma". For about $90/mo, food and a bedroom he had an Indian houseboy
who treated their apartment like the Taj Mahal and waited on them hand and
foot like royalty. He sent most all his money home, so hardly ever left
their house, even though he had regular hours. He was very grateful they
paid him more than he could ever earn at home and his family lived very
well. When he did go home on holiday, he got them a friend to replace him
for that month. Ask the wife, Ruth, if she'd go back to Oklahoma I was
told "No Way!", for obvious reasons. Too bad my friend died and she had to
go home.

Americans don't have to live like trash doing menial household tasks and
being taxed to death by illegal or legal aliens. We could live like kings
if we had a similar program. The Bahraini English newspapers were full of
ads of these workers looking for a job to support their families back home.
All we need to do is stop paying people to sit on their asses at the
expense of the rest of us.

Thursday is tax day. I'm in a bad mood from writing that check on Easter
Sunday I do every year......

Larry W4CSC