J. R.

Default Diesel Inverter Generators

Do any manufacturers make portable inverter diesel generators that
vary the engine speed based on load? Something similar to the Yamaha
EF1000IS?

-Jake

Larry W4CSC

No....sorry. I've never seen one, probably because the diesel is
heavy and the reason for the inverter is lightness. I have two
Hondas, the EU1000i and just got a new EU3000is you can barely hear
run.

The other reason they probably haven't produced them is the low power.
The 3000is is the largest inverter I know of. 3KW and a very limited
market wouldn't make it worth their while.

Hope you like your Yammer. The Honda EU3000is is the finest genset I
ever owned. It will run over 20 hours on its 3.4 gallon fuel tank
driving an average load around 750-850 watts. Its economizer doesn't
even raise the engine rpm above the 1200 RPM low speed until you get
to around 1800 watt load. Simply amazing.

On 20 Mar 2004 21:41:24 -0800, (J. R.) wrote:

Do any manufacturers make portable inverter diesel generators that
vary the engine speed based on load? Something similar to the Yamaha
EF1000IS?

-Jake

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!
Doug Dotson

We have a diesel generator (5.5KW) for emergency home power.
Other than being HEAVY, it is very loud. Also has a pull starter
and it is a bear. Fortunately it has electric start as well. Genset on
our boat is 4.2KW and is also very heavy and would be very loud
if it were not for the sound insulated box and external mufflers.
I doubt if a small diesel akin to the portable gasoline generators
would be attractive from a weight and sound standpoint.

Doug
s/v Callista

"J. R." wrote in message
om...
I would just love to have a longer run time than my Yammy. I'd put up
with a little more weight. Some sort of small, pull-start diesel
engine hmm....maybe they could make small gensets with larger fuel
tanks.

-Jake

(J. R.) wrote:

Do any manufacturers make portable inverter diesel generators that
vary the engine speed based on load? Something similar to the Yamaha
EF1000IS?

-Jake

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!

J. R.

I've seen some fairly small pull-start diesel gensets:
http://survivalcenter.com/Diesel%20Generators.html
http://parkerpower.com/pps40.jpg
http://www.usdieselengines.com/4.5_K..._Generator.htm

I am just hoping Yamaha or some other company makes inverter models
similar to them that vary the engine speed based on electrical load.

-Jake

UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker General 0 May 25th 04 02:40 PM
Why Ficht failed no1 K Smith General 53 January 26th 04 07:46 PM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM
diesel fuel in the exhaust frank news Cruising 1 August 13th 03 09:08 PM