Default Best Boat Guns?

In article ,
You wrote:

In article . com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

you a 50 caliper sniper rifle would be the best

Only Wilbur, would buy a "50 caliper" firearm.......

They say the legs are the first to go...

--
Molesworth

"mister b" wrote in message
m...

don't you yankees have anything better to do than yap about guns?

That's how Capt Neal makes up for his shortcomings.

"mister b" wrote in message
m...
On Sat, 31 May 2008 17:24:23 +0000, You wrote:

In article . com,
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

you a 50 caliper sniper rifle would be the best

Only Wilbur, would buy a "50 caliper" firearm.......

don't you yankees have anything better to do than yap about guns?

Some of us cling to guns and religion... didn't you hear?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"JaxAshby" wrote in message

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 May 2008 19:47:54 -0600, "Whizbang McGurk"
wrote:

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2003/DianaYang.shtml

Those are the ranges in every book and magazine and most gunshop gab.
This stuff is no secret. There are tens of millions of shotguns
around.

I figured 60 yards for geese which are a big target. It is much less
for quail. They are are small, requiring a dense pattern. Answer is
many smaller shot bearing in mind that the smaller shot start out with
less energy and lose it faster. I figure thirty yards for quail. Note
that you use full choke for geese and something with a wider pattern
for quail. I am a 25 yard shooter myself. In the case of pheasants, I
spot them in a roadside ditch, sneak up to within five yards, and blow
their heads to rags. Easy shot, like nailing a copter that took off
one second beford. Let then get high enough for a nasty fall, Almost a
motionless target. Same with the birds. The head and neck present a
four inch target, same as skeet. Not that hard. I hunt in Iowa, by the
way. People come from distant places to hunt the pheasants.
If you have one of the special rifled slug barrels they recently
invented, you can get 4 inch groups at 100 yards. Shotguns for deer
are required in some places, including Iowa.

Casady

I guess if someone wants to go deer hunting on their boat the shotgun is a
fine choice. Suppose some marauders come at you underway and they have an
AK-47 (7.62 x 39). Do you think a shotgun will hold them off? They could
shot at you all day from 200 yds and you can't do a thing. The AK-47 is
the preferred choice of pirates. A large capacity pistol is better in
close quarters than a shotgun, that's why police use them as primary
weapons. For longer ranges I prefer an autoloading .338 which I shot
offhand remarkably well. I shoot grouse and ptarmigan with an RWS air
rifle. One shot through the head does the trick.

The smaller the penis the bigger the gun . . .

--
Gregory Hall

On May 29, 3:37*pm, (Richard Casady)
wrote:
On Thu, 29 May 2008 19:45:17 GMT, Bruce in alaska
wrote:

If you encounter Bad Guys who can get you from out passed
100 Yards, then your just out of luck anyway, and are going to have a
Bad Day.

Favorite pirate weapon is the AK47.

Arrrrrrr a pirate with 3 weapons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voeMq...eature=related

Fred

It outranges a shotgun, but you
can have a rifle as well, if either you or them can actually get any
hits. If the sea is calm you might, but hitting is very hard if the
boat is moving around. Expect to shoot at close range. Many serious
pirates have RPG antitank rockets. Basically if they seriously come
for you your ass is grass, or at least you will lose wallet, watch,
handheld radios, the stuff they can easily grab.
On the other hand, a few tracers in their general direction before
they get close, and they might decide to call it a day. Weapons are a
good idea, but you will probably be outnumbered and outgunned. The
odds are on your side to not be bothered except in a few places. Stay
out of the known pirate waters. And have at least a shotgun,.The good
news is that you are likely to encounter fishermen, not really tough
guys, grabbing an opportunity, and those can maybe be shot or scared
off.

Casady

wrote:

If you encounter Bad Guys who can get you from out passed
100 Yards, then your just out of luck anyway, and are going to have a
Bad Day.

Favorite pirate weapon is the AK47.

Arrrrrrr a pirate with 3 weapons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voeMq...eature=related

Fred

This one is more instructional:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfUS8...eature=related

More Guns Steve ASA 10 January 20th 07 11:22 PM
More Guns RICHARD ASA 1 January 16th 07 02:20 PM
More Guns Scotty ASA 14 January 15th 07 11:35 PM
More Guns Gilligan ASA 0 January 12th 07 04:16 AM
Guns joe bleau Cruising 8 October 25th 04 04:16 PM