Default No reason anymore to vote Democrat

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 30 May 2008 07:06:29 -0400, jeff said:

Anyone stuck with a 13 MPG SUV has Bush
to thank for that.

He held a gun to your head and insisted you buy a 13 MPG SUV instead of a
smaller more gas-efficient car?

If he's a lawyer, it was a shotgun.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Dave wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 07:06:29 -0400, jeff said:

Anyone stuck with a 13 MPG SUV has Bush
to thank for that.

He held a gun to your head and insisted you buy a 13 MPG SUV instead of a
smaller more gas-efficient car?

Nope, our last two car purchases (2001 and 2004) both had fuel economy
as a high priority. Even though neither are small cars, they both get
an honest 22 around town and 25 or more on the highway.

I have little sympathy for those who "super sized" their SUV - my
sister-in-law, for instance, wanted to buy American and now curses her
decision.

However, if the fleet had been steadily improving its economy, instead
of getting worse, our reliance on foreign oil would have been greatly
reduced, and the cost at the pump might have been reduced. Had our
domestic builders developed cars that people want now, we might not have
an entire industry on the verge of bankruptcy.

Individual people can be expected to act in their short term self
interest; its the role of the government to provide leadership in
setting national goals and providing appropriate incentives. Sadly, our
current administration has totally failed us in the area.

Dave wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 18:46:29 -0400, jeff said:

Individual people can be expected to act in their short term self
interest; its the role of the government to provide leadership in
setting national goals and providing appropriate incentives.

Ah, those pesky consumers again. Always fouling things up by buying what
they want instead of what the wise central planners want. Of course the
gummint always knows best. Ya just can't trust anybody but you and me to
make the right decisions on their own.

I'm glad you see it my way.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 May 2008 18:46:29 -0400, jeff said:

Individual people can be expected to act in their short term self
interest; its the role of the government to provide leadership in
setting national goals and providing appropriate incentives.

Ah, those pesky consumers again. Always fouling things up by buying what
they want instead of what the wise central planners want. Of course the
gummint always knows best. Ya just can't trust anybody but you and me to
make the right decisions on their own.

It's easy to get consumers to buy what they're told... think nudge
psychology. Works great.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com