Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Richard Malcolm

Default help me plan a 2-3 week cruise

I keep my 25 ft Four Winns up here in Boston. Since I work for a
college, I seem to have some time durring the summer to get away. For
the past couple of years I have paid someone to rent a trailer and
hual my boat somewhere, where I would vacation for 2 weeks or so. 2
years ago, it was to Lake Oneida, where my girlfriend and I traveled
east on the erie canal, then down the hudson to NYC and then to Long
Island sound before we ran out of time and got trailered back to
Boston. Last year, we got trailered to Montreal and worked our way up
the St Lawence, and eventually to Lake Champlain and down to the
Hudson River and ran out of time and got pulled out at Waterford at
the beginning of the Erie Canal.
We cruise around Boston all the time so for our vacation, we like
going somewhere a little more protected such as canals and lakes.
I am in the planning stages for this year and am hoping to get some
ideas of places to go for a 2 week or so vacation. I love quiet
places, but really like marinas and cities even more.

Would love to hear you ideas. Please keep in mind that trailering the
boat cost a lot so that part should not take longer than one day if
possible.
thanks (PS only 26 days till she is back in the water!) and it is
still snowing up here!!!!!