Default What's the worry? Be happy!

If the following article is true about gas prices going to $15/gallon then
why is everyone so worried about global warming?

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...521145247.aspx

At $15 gallon there would be much less gasoline/fuel used. We would also see
a rebirth of sailing, bicycling, walking, fiberglass sailboats would soar in
value, food would further increase in cost and obesity would wane. I would
even bet we would start seeing more houses with windmill additions. We would
see less stinkpotters, less airplanes, less cars, less RVs, less ATV's.
People would not be able to afford to live in the "boondocks" so rural
property would be worth less. Housing developments may be torn down to make
way for biofuel agriculture. Governments would see much less tax revenue,
they would be scaled back greatly too.

Liberals and environmentalists should be leaping with glee at this news. I
am! A bright new future for rugged individualism!

Dear Eunice ,, if gas goes to $15 per gallon, the last of your worries will
be
global warming. At that price, employment will tumble, and crime will go
through
the roof. Where are all the employees of businesses that rely of
transportation going
to find jobs?

And what happens when the rich suburbanites buy up the city they abandoned
when gas
was cheap. Where are the inner city residents going to go? The blacks,
hispanics, other
minorities who mostly live in the inner city, are they suppose to move to
the suburbs?

What we are looking at is a social upheaval of massive proportions. Total
breakdown
of society. High crime, no go zones.

Do some reading about the early 1930's. There is a reason the communist
party was popular
at that time. When someone has seen his home foreclosed, has no job, his
neighborhood
is being bought up by the same folks who left years before ...

And then he sees a rich guy drive by in an SUV, thinking nothing of the $15
per gallon gas.

How do you say . "stick em up"

Eunice Brown wrote:
[...]

It would only take the western world to leave their cars in the garage for 1
week to send crude prices tumbling like there was no tomorrow. 1 week of
staying at home, that is all it would take.

DP

On Thu, 22 May 2008 16:53:31 +0100, "Dennis Pogson"
wrote:

It would only take the western world to leave their cars in the garage for 1
week to send crude prices tumbling like there was no tomorrow. 1 week of
staying at home, that is all it would take.

If the pipeline terminals have enough air in their tanks, the
pipelines and refineries would not have to shut down. No effect except
the gas stations and the delivery trucks. If the refineries keep
buying nothing much happens to the price of crude.

Casady