Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default SF Bay Area Cruising?

Had a pretty uneventful trip from Honolulu to San Francisco. The big
adventure was a swim to clear a net off of the sail drive. I always
feel uncomfortably near the bottom of the food chain swimming at sea.
I was just amazed at how much trash there is in the NE Pacific. Lost
two lures and I assume they were snagged by trash since I recovered a
bag full of plastic from them before they went missing. No fish.
Just trash. The weather was weird and annoying, but that's par for
the course. We had enough lovely days to make it all seem worth the
effort even on the cold foggy nights.

Anyway, we've been transplanted to SF (well Emery Cove). We expect
to be in the Bay Area until we head south in the fall. So, does
anybody have any good ideas for fun cruising type things to do around
here?

-- Tom.