Bob Whitaker

Default Best 34 foot blue water cruiser

Doug "The Fresh Toilet King" wrote:

Oh grow up.

There you go, Ladies and Gentlemen, Doug "The Fresh Toilet King" in
his own words. All he had to say is: "--Yes Bob, you are right. I was
just trying to be funny. I'm sorry I was rude." That's all he needed
to say Ladies and Gentlemen. But, instead, when coming face to face
with his rude behavior his response is: "--Grow up." I wonder who's
the one that needs to do some growing up around here? That's too bad,
Doug, as we were really rooting for you on the sidelines. We were
really hoping you were truly different from the riff-raff you are so
fond of pontificating against. I guess you have shown your true mettle
(or lack thereof).

Fresh Toilets- Bob Whitaker

"Disinfecting the world, one toilet at a time... but I guess there's
some outhouses that are just festering cesspools and should be filled
in rather than disinfected."

DSK wrote in message ...
Bob Whitaker wrote:
And the fact that it's a "marketing term" makes it acceptable to be
rude to anyone who uses the term, right?

Oh grow up.

Fresh Breezes
Doug King

DSK

Bob Whitaker wrote:
There you go, Ladies and Gentlemen, Doug "The Fresh Toilet King" in
his own words.

In your own words, you seem to be obsessed with toilets.

... All he had to say is: "--Yes Bob, you are right. I was
just trying to be funny. I'm sorry I was rude."

But I have no need or desire to apologize. If I was rude, it was rather
mild. Your reaction has been on a scale with BittyBill and Jax... both
of whom are buffoons. Do I care about their opinions? Should I care
about yours?

In your first post, you displayed a number of prejudices regarding
offshore sailing, and that you weren't really interested in advice
unless it was either agreed with your prejudices or was offered ever so
humbley.

I *did* offer some good advice, although without any apology whatever
for disagreeing with your prejudices. You got all ****y because I popped
your balloon. Life is tough sometimes.

DSK

DSK

There's no substitute for length ... if you want to be
even halfway comfortable offshore.

JAXAshby wrote:
unless, of course, you have to change out a 600 square foot mainsail or 800
foot genoa in building sea and wind conditions.

That's when skill & forethought, and having the proper equipment in the
first place, come into play.

unless, of course, your back is wrenched from hauling up the 45# anchor and
300# of chain by hand because the windlass battery crapped out.

That's when proper design, installation, and preventative maintenanc
come into play.

unless, of course, you are short of bux and worrying because you spent the wad
on a BIG boat.

Whatsamatta Jax, you hate everybody that can afford a bigger & nicer
boat than you?

Clearly you don't think ahead enough to realize that many of these types
of problems can be avoided by thinking ahead. But that doesn't mean it
applies to everybody.

DSK

JAXAshby

dougies tells one and all:

I have no need or desire to apologize

and explains thusly:

I was rude, it was rather
mild.

and continues:

Should I care
about yours (opinion)?

DSK

DSK

JAXAshby wrote:
dougies, who found himself too old and weak to continue to sail his Nimrod 19
on the bay gives advice on offshore sailing thusly:

That's odd, if I were too old and weak to sail a small cruising boat I
probably wouldn't be doing this

http://www.johnson18.org/

Jax, meet fact. Fact, meet Jax. Now try and stay acquainted, y'hear?

DSK

Bob Whitaker

Doug "The Fresh Toilet King" wrote:

But I have no need or desire to apologize.

Need, my dear friend, yes. Desire? It has been well established you
don't.

In your first post, you displayed [...] that you
weren't really interested in advice

Is that so? Then why would I post a question in the first place? Maybe
you've forgotten my first post. Why don't you re-read it. Why on earth
would I say: "--What other boats do folks recommend?" if I wasn't
really interested in their advice? I'm sorry but it's just too easy to
pick your arguments apart Doug

I *did* offer some good advice,

Yes, you did offer _SOME_ advice. I'll grant you that. For those who
may not have seen the first post, I show Doug's "good" advice below:

On a message dated: 2004-03-12 08:31:43 PST Doug "The Fresh Toilet
King" wrote:

My first advice is to drop the phrase "blue water cruiser."
It makes you sound like you want to be the Tidy Bowl man.

By his own account Doug King is a bit confused and thinks that people
who use the term "blue water" are talking about toilet disinfectants.
As stated earlier he probably thinks that the term "green water"
refers to the competing brand. Who knows what he thinks when he hears
the term getting "pooped".

I'm sorry Doug, but you are just too easy a target. You were rude.
Admit it. In your own words you said: "--If I was rude, it was rather
mild." And I will grant you that as well. It was rather mild and it
was rather entertaining at that. But rude nonetheless.

You got all ****y because I popped
your balloon.

Wrong, again! I'm rather entertained by the whole brouhaha. Soundly
defeating you at your own game is rather entertaining if not very
challenging. It seems like you are the one getting all ****y because
somebody has called your bluff.

Since we are offering each other advice, here's some advice for you:
My advice is for you to stick to sailing in your posts. You are smart,
knowledgeable and experienced. People could benefit from what you have
to say, instead of just dismissing posts signed by "DSK". Try to let
people come to respect your opinion by the quality of your posts and
don't try to get snotty with strangers. The world would be a better
place for it.

Fresh Toilets- Bob Whitaker

DSK wrote in message ...
Bob Whitaker wrote:
[...]

BinaryBillThesailor@Sea++.com BinaryBillThesailor

I tried to install a fake smokestack on my sailboat but the fibreglass
melted from the welding.

BB

DSK wrote in message ...
Gould 0738 wrote:

The smokestack motif looks a little better on the cabin top than a big FRP box
might, expecially with "PROPANE" emblazoned on the side.

What I really like about the smokestack is the way it attracts the attention of
all the envious cretins who will never be able to afford a boat with one.

Fair Skies
Doug King

Water systems on my boat - need suggestions, please. Adam Boat Building 10 May 10th 04 03:53 PM
Harry's lobster boat? Gould 0738 General 3 December 23rd 03 06:24 AM
Fresh Water Tank Lou Cragin Cruising 6 December 8th 03 08:23 AM
Hot Water Dispenser Conor Crowley Cruising 11 October 28th 03 07:42 PM