Default I-68 program

Good grief! According to your URL, the I-68 program to avoid the
Customs decal deal was replaced in JANUARY 2007 - all of
sixteen months ago.
So much for using a Canadian sailing source. [Pat's Boating]
sigh

Brian W

On Thu, 08 May 2008 00:10:20 -0300, no onecares
wrote:

We are starting a major sailing trip to the US in about 3 weeks, and
have done a fair amount of research on this.
The I68 program has been replaced by the NEXUS program.

Current information is at
http://www.lsyc.info/cruising/2007/N...INS%20Info.pdf

Pats Boating is very informative, but most of the links in realation
to borders are no longer current.
Calling local borders yield no information at all.

I am expecting the border crossing (checkpoints) on the water will
know more.

Our boat is over 30 feet, so we do not qualify for this program, and
will have to buy a decal, at the border when we cross into the US.

Thats how it all appears to me, anyway.
YMMV

good luck,

Joe

On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:06:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thank you very much for all of yours e-mails.
Unfortunately I still do not know where to go.
I have photos, I have money, I went to US by bridge and try to get any
info.
No luck - no one knows what is I-68.
I'm still in hope that somebody gets it from Toronto Area and know
exactly how it works.
Thank in advance
Mada

Actually, the URL leads you to the Nexus information, which is a
fairly new site.
URL is below (starts with http).
Pats Boating is a descriptive, informative site (I did not give the
URL, see, no http) which is sadly outdated with a lot of its info, I
believe I said that in my first posting, yep I did. (feel free to
reread).

Instead of popping off, why don't you either help the guy, or keep to
yourself.

ahhh, the internet.................

wrote:

[...]

On Thu, 08 May 2008 06:15:59 -0300, no onecares
wrote:

Actually, the URL leads you to the Nexus information, which is a
fairly new site.
URL is below (starts with http).
Pats Boating is a descriptive, informative site (I did not give the
URL, see, no http) which is sadly outdated with a lot of its info, I
believe I said that in my first posting, yep I did. (feel free to
reread).

Instead of popping off, why don't you either help the guy, or keep to
yourself.

ahhh, the internet.................

Ah, it is not enough to be offering an excerpt from a Canadian
source that was sadly out of date, though offered in good faith,
as I did, but then to read the person who had better, more timely
information about Customs formalities running off at the mouth
about my trying to help..

Ah yes, the Internet.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Annoying TV Fishing Program HK General 13 September 2nd 07 05:14 AM
MSM reveals another spy program D.Duck General 0 December 24th 06 02:35 PM
program wanted RB General 6 February 15th 06 04:02 PM
3 Step program Capt.American ASA 13 January 15th 06 01:33 AM