posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default I didn't know Doug King was cruising the Bahamas

http://coconuttelegraph.net/forums/a...tid=7763&stc=1

Did Doug take sailing lessons from Skip?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On May 4, 7:06 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
http://coconuttelegraph.net/forums/a...hmentid=7763&s...

Did Doug take sailing lessons from Skip?

Wilbur Hubbard

Hey!

That guy is a rank amateur!

Our boat was up on the stuff to starboard!

Click on the gallery link below and follow the obvious subgalleries!

He wasn't listening :{))

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its
hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)

wrote:
http://coconuttelegraph.net/forums/a...hmentid=7763&s...

Did Doug take sailing lessons from Skip?

Wilbur Hubbard

Hey!

That guy is a rank amateur!

Our boat was up on the stuff to starboard!

Click on the gallery link below and follow the obvious subgalleries!

Why is it you so proudly and continuously display your plethora of blunders?

Is it because you have such a paucity of successes to laud?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Bob Bob is offline

On May 11, 2:23*pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

Why is it you so proudly and continuously display your plethora of blunders?

Is it because you have such a paucity of successes to laud?
Wilbur Hubbard

Cause Skip is a person with a normal amount of Self Disclosure. Its
called "Adult Conversation." Personnly I enjoy his posts. It also
sounds as though he is seeking information and training (OUPV) to
improve his knowledge. Hopfully his new knowledge will combine with
his experinces to form a compitant sailor.

I, for example, am seeking training and knowledge. However my modesty
prevents me from describing it here. gotta be a life long learner ya
kno.

Bob
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Bob wrote in news:f1700158-5c48-4fe8-b715-
:

I, for example, am seeking training and knowledge. However my modesty
prevents me from describing it here. gotta be a life long learner ya
kno.

Bob

Don't let them hold you back, Bob! Anyone on any dock that claims to be
perfect is soon aground begging for a towboat. We're all in this
together.

The ones in the most trouble are those hermits that never ask the guy
down the dock for a hand or offers you a beer. Boating's no place for
snobs.

If I find one, I make it really hard on him by just pitching in with
whatever he's doing without being asked. "Hold a second. I got one of
those in my tools." and go running off to retrieve it. Next thing you
know, you've infected his whole family and they've joined the rest of the
dock in actually enjoying each other's company.

I've gotten some great trips on some really nice yachts like that. "Oh,
don't leave it like that. Hand me that (tool) and let's fix that before
something else happens."

Nothing's more fun than going to West Marine with a rich guy's VISA on
Saturday morning!....(c;

Lay yourself wide open for the usual lambasting. Don't hold back.
Nobody's been bitten in a long time and even that didn't require the
Rabies Series.

"Larry" wrote in message
Bob wrote in news:f1700158-5c48-4fe8-b715-
:

I, for example, am seeking training and knowledge. However my modesty
prevents me from describing it here. gotta be a life long learner ya
kno.

Bob

Don't let them hold you back, Bob! Anyone on any dock that claims to be
perfect is soon aground begging for a towboat. We're all in this
together.

A committee of the inept equals an inept group of people. When it comes to
ineptitude more is definitely not better.

The ones in the most trouble are those hermits that never ask the guy
down the dock for a hand or offers you a beer. Boating's no place for
snobs.

He asks for help who needs help. He asks for the help of his betters not his
inferiors. Boating's no place for dependent weenies who can't function
without forming a committee.

If I find one, I make it really hard on him by just pitching in with
whatever he's doing without being asked. "Hold a second. I got one of
those in my tools." and go running off to retrieve it. Next thing you
know, you've infected his whole family and they've joined the rest of the
dock in actually enjoying each other's company.

He who is the most inept revels in the false belief that he is actually
needed by his superiors. Allow me to educate you. Needy folks like you are
nothing more than a pain in the arse. Grow up and learn how to take care of
yourself. Your present state of need causes those who can to, in effect,
become your parents because you never grew up and assumed responsibility.

You are obviously one of those liberal people who feel that your needs make
you more worthy than somebody whose needs are met by himself or herself. You
feel your greater neediness entitles you to free benefits from those of
those who produce. You feel you have a right to our abilities. You consume
only and your ethics tell you that it is more noble to consume than to
produce. You have no abilities but you feel you should be given the fruits
of those who have abilities. You actually feel you are a better person
because you've convinced yourself that the purpose of those who have is to
give to those who have not. You're pathetic.

Wilbur Hubbard

On May 11, 7:12*pm, Larry wrote:
Bob wrote in news:f1700158-5c48-4fe8-b715-
:

I, for example, am seeking training *and knowledge. However my modesty
prevents me from describing it here. gotta be a life long learner ya
kno.

Bob

Don't let them hold you back, Bob! *Anyone on any dock that claims to be
perfect is soon aground begging for a towboat. *We're all in this
together.

Well, for fear of receiving harsh criticisim I will disclose a
personal fact. I hope nobody says anyting mean to me ....

I completed a STCW-95 Basic Safety Training course (BST). Much of it
was applicable to recreational boats. I would recomend ANY yachty to
find and take the 5 day course. ALthough dragging 1 1/2" preasurized
fire hoze in a near zero visibility smoke filled and fire blazing ship
simulator building may not totaly apply to a 68' swan or flying pig.
CERTAINLY the in-water survial craft/imersion suit/cold water
survivial is 100% transferable.

So get off your fat ass and get some real training and maybe ya wont
end up like that sissy on Red Clown terrified of getting his toes
wet.

But then again STCW-95 trainig isnt needed to be a brownwater coonass
"captain" like our coffee king. Ya got to be willing to go to the deep
end of the pool. Then STCW is required.

Bob

On 2008-05-11 23:12:16 -0400, Larry said:

"Hold a second. I got one of
those in my tools." and go running off to retrieve it. Next thing you
know, you've infected his whole family and they've joined the rest of the
dock in actually enjoying each other's company.

That describes our dock pretty well. I admit to having a fairly large
set of toolboxes with some unusual tools for a little boat -- though I
didn't have a hammer for years (If I needed it for anything other than
nails, I was doing something wrong; I had to drive nails once, so it's
now on the boat)

--
Jere Lull

Doug King ok Don White General 3 March 29th 07 03:02 AM
Doug King? Harold Cruising 13 February 16th 07 04:42 PM
Yo - Doug King.. DSK General 9 November 16th 06 10:57 PM
Yo - Doug King.. Wayne.B General 0 November 15th 06 02:27 PM
Yo - Don White and Doug King... Harry.Krause General 0 October 17th 05 09:27 PM