Default I decided

"JimC" wrote in message
As stated above, the Mac 26 is one of, if not the most popular series of
sailboats ever made, with thousands still in use both in the US and in
various foreign countries.

The Big Mac is the most popular burger ever. Doesn't mean I'd try and order
one in an expensive restaurant.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message

As stated above, the Mac 26 is one of, if not the most popular series of
sailboats ever made, with thousands still in use both in the US and in
various foreign countries.

The Big Mac is the most popular burger ever. Doesn't mean I'd try and order
one in an expensive restaurant.

On the other hand, if people were routinely dying the day after eating a
Big Mac, we WOULD have heard about it, woudln't we? Same principle with
a boat that is being sailed by thousands of owners around the world.

Jim

"JimC" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message

As stated above, the Mac 26 is one of, if not the most popular series of
sailboats ever made, with thousands still in use both in the US and in
various foreign countries.

The Big Mac is the most popular burger ever. Doesn't mean I'd try and
order one in an expensive restaurant.

On the other hand, if people were routinely dying the day after eating a
Big Mac, we WOULD have heard about it, woudln't we? Same principle with a
boat that is being sailed by thousands of owners around the world.

Jim

Yeah, they just get really, really sick, and it takes about 20 years to die
from eating them.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"JimC" wrote in message
.. .

As stated above, the Mac 26 is one of, if not the most popular series of
sailboats ever made, with thousands still in use both in the US and in
various foreign countries.

The Big Mac is the most popular burger ever. Doesn't mean I'd try and
order one in an expensive restaurant.

On the other hand, if people were routinely dying the day after eating a
Big Mac, we WOULD have heard about it, woudln't we? Same principle with a
boat that is being sailed by thousands of owners around the world.

Jim

Yeah, they just get really, really sick, and it takes about 20 years to die
from eating them.

Once again, Ganz, you are simply evading the point that was made. Which
is that, with so many Mac 26's out there, if there were a problem with
them breaking up and sinking in severe conditions (of any kind) we would
have heard of it. The boats are sailed by thousands of skippers around
the world, of different skill levels and different interests, and if
they had a tendency or susceptibility to break up and sink in severe
conditions (severe conditions of any kind, off-shore, near shore, in the
bays, in large lakes, etc., etc.) it would be impossible to keep it a
secret. And the Mac-bashers on this ng would certainly take pleasure in
learning about such a deficiency.)

But they haven't, and they can't.

Jim

I have decided to become.......... Thurston Howell III[_2_] General 1 December 19th 07 01:49 AM
Decided on Dry Tortugas Ferg Cruising 17 August 11th 03 02:07 PM
Decided on Dry Tortugas Jim General 0 July 24th 03 04:52 AM
Decided on Dry Tortugas Ferg General 1 July 15th 03 12:32 AM