Default 1986 170hp mer cruiser not getn any fire

wrote
DO YOU THINK IT WILL HURT TO RUN WITHOUT IT??

Yep.

AND ONE OTHER THING THE HOSE THAT GOES AROUND
MY SHIFT CABLE THROUGH THE TRANSOM IS BUSTED
AND POORING WATER IN ,,,CAN I GET THAT PART
WITHOUT THE WHOLE CABLE KIT

You can, but you have to do considerable dissassembly to replace it, and if
one bellows is bad, the others may not be far behind, so if it was me, I'd
replace them all.

http://www.mercstuff.com/shiftcablebellows.htm