Glenn Ashmore

Default what foam core is heat shapeable

Here is the best source I have found for less than case quantities:
http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/Prod...materials.html

For full cases try Composites One or one of the other big distributors
that service professional builders.

wrote:
Where do you get Divinycell from?

KT

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at:
http://www.rutuonline.com

Where do you get Divinycell from?

KT
Jim Conlin

There's a bit of a learning curve in heat forming foam. Not enough heat and
it breaks. Too much and it's not exactly foam. Also, there's a capital
investment in whatever heating apparatus you choose.
For a small project, consider strip planking with foam.

dg wrote:

Looking for ideas on what foam coring product I could use to make a
dodger hardtop.

A guy in the marina recently cold molded one out of door skins wood
and epoxy. Seems to me that making a male mold and heat draping some
foam or something would be a better approach than driving and removing
3000 staples.

Maybe balsa would drape more easily?

Lew Hodgett

"dg" writes:

Looking for ideas on what foam coring product I could use to make a
dodger hardtop.

A guy in the marina recently cold molded one out of door skins wood
and epoxy. Seems to me that making a male mold and heat draping some
foam or something would be a better approach than driving and removing
3000 staples.

I'll be using 1" Divinycell.

1) Build a male mold using a frame and battens to get the shape, or a door
skin, then cover with plastic sheet..

2) Attach Divinycell with low cost deck screws from the inside. (Weight the
foam down to conform while attaching screws.)

3) Glass the outside.

Remove screws, lift from mold, then glass the inside.

Fair out as necessary.

HTH

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

Jim Conlin

dg wrote:

Looking for ideas on what foam coring product I could use to make a
dodger hardtop.

A guy in the marina recently cold molded one out of door skins wood
and epoxy. Seems to me that making a male mold and heat draping some
foam or something would be a better approach than driving and removing
3000 staples.

Maybe balsa would drape more easily?

2 part floatation foam Ed Kracl General 5 July 10th 04 03:14 AM
foam core Tom Best Boat Building 10 May 29th 04 12:57 PM
Question about Sea Sport 2200, and foam core boats Robert Allen General 0 May 19th 04 10:40 PM
what foam core is heat shapeable dg Boat Building 8 March 4th 04 06:25 PM
foam core suppliers in uk matt Boat Building 1 September 16th 03 07:01 PM