Newsgroups

Default Tow Service Comparison

What are the advantages or disadvantages of BoatU.S. versus SeaTow towing
insurance services?

Gould 0738

What are the advantages or disadvantages of BoatU.S. versus SeaTow towing
insurance services?

BoatUS towing insurance is often sold to
people with a Boat US policy. Some of the reasons for a tow might require work
that could trigger an insurance claim.Doesn't that mean that a BoatUS tow
service is more likely to suggest you tow your boat to a more reputable and
cost effective repair shop? Don't know, but it might be a possibility.

What was the tow company inolved in that
well publicized scandal a couple of years ago? Somebody ran out of fuel off
south Florida. They called in for assistance several times, and drifted around
for several hours until the tow service boat showed up and charged them over
$100 for a gallon of gas. Didn't that whole thing end up with the distressed
boat being towed to the Bahamas? Something along that line, as I recall. I'd
avoid whoever that was.

Keith

Boat U.S. insures YOU, not a boat. You can use the service on any boat
you're on, whether it's your main, your dinghy, your runabout, a friend's
boat, etc. Seatow insures only a boat.

--

Keith
__
"Newsgroups" wrote in message
What are the advantages or disadvantages of BoatU.S. versus SeaTow towing
insurance services?

Margaret and Loren Block

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:47:11 -0600, "Keith"
wrote:

Boat U.S. insures YOU, not a boat. You can use the service on any boat
you're on, whether it's your main, your dinghy, your runabout, a =

friend's
boat, etc. Seatow insures only a boat.

Not true. SeaTow offers a "Skipper Card" annual membership which is good
on any boat the skipper is operating. I think it was $20 more than a
regular single boat coverage. I obtained one of these when chartering in
SW Florida. The Skipper Card covers pleasure boats only and is not
applicable where the skipper is a guest.

LB

=20
Margaret & Loren Block Georgetown, TX
C22 #14903 "Perfect Harmony"

Jere Lull

In article tceZb.17920$4o.36448@attbi_s52,
"Newsgroups" wrote:

What are the advantages or disadvantages of BoatU.S. versus SeaTow towing
insurance services?

I'd check the reputation of the operators in your cruising area. My
experience has been that the BOAT/U.S. towers are a more professional
crowd.

--
Jere Lull