Gould 0738

Default Tow Service Comparison

What are the advantages or disadvantages of BoatU.S. versus SeaTow towing
insurance services?

BoatUS towing insurance is often sold to
people with a Boat US policy. Some of the reasons for a tow might require work
that could trigger an insurance claim.Doesn't that mean that a BoatUS tow
service is more likely to suggest you tow your boat to a more reputable and
cost effective repair shop? Don't know, but it might be a possibility.

What was the tow company inolved in that
well publicized scandal a couple of years ago? Somebody ran out of fuel off
south Florida. They called in for assistance several times, and drifted around
for several hours until the tow service boat showed up and charged them over
$100 for a gallon of gas. Didn't that whole thing end up with the distressed
boat being towed to the Bahamas? Something along that line, as I recall. I'd
avoid whoever that was.