Default Emissions Testing

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:12:47 -0700, "Phil Abuster"
wrote:

Is it unreasonable to require and annual emission test and follow up
remediation for every boat?

Yes, terrible idea. You must sail a small boat with no engine.

"Phil Abuster" wrote in
:

The introduction of hormones into the water, certainly without the
knowledge or permission of the individual smacks of government
trampling of individual rights. We must have pure water in our lakes
to drink, but that is no longer to be, so I suggest drinking only
rainwater to protect the purity and essence of our natural bodily
fluids. When you look past the government rhetoric (we are here to
help!) you almost always find the government makes things worse! Yet
the majority clamor for more government intervention, which I find so
difficult to understand.

Knowing what "they" are pumping into public water supplies, I distill all
my drinking water, here. http://www.waterwise.com/

I started distilling because our water makes painful kidney stones. Then,
I sent a sample to a lab with no note of where it came from. The results
were quite frightening.

Red Red is offline

Phil Abuster whined:
...for the environment, good for people and delaying the inevitable
onslaught of global warming.

Got news for ya Phil, the earth's average temp went DOWN over the last
year - by the same amount it went up over the last 100 or so years. Many
countries are seeing the coldest winter and more snow than they've seen
in 50 or more years. The Arctic ice is an average 18" thicker this year
than this time last year. And despite what Sierra Club and other Eco
Terrorists want you to believe the polar bear population has not
declined at all - this according to the Canadian scientists who were
*actually up there* studying them (Vs.*studying* them from a living room
in Santa Barbara or Bev Hills). "Global Warming" is Reverend Al Gore's
money market account.
This in no way means I am against cleaning up pollution - on the
contrary. I just do not worship at the feet of the global warming high
priest nor do I accept that all the earth's (or Mars') pollution comes
from America or use any of that for an excuse to do what's right anyway.

Red

"Red" wrote in message
[...]

NOAA must be wrong....

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Red Red is offline

Capt. JG wrote:
NOAA must be wrong....

The head of Nasa came under fire for stating he didn't believe the GW
hoax. NOAA has a political appointee as its head.

Red

Red Red is offline

Capt. JG wrote:
NOAA must be wrong....

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

The web page opens with;
"This page is based on a brief synopsis of the 2001 report by the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and the National Research
Council's 2001 report Climate Change Science:"

This is very old information. New and better information comes out all
the time as science improves and as scientists study other previously
unstudied areas. The most recent info coming out suggests what I have
written.

Red

"Red" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
NOAA must be wrong....

The head of Nasa came under fire for stating he didn't believe the GW
hoax. NOAA has a political appointee as its head.

Red

Yeah. A Republican. I guess you should tell them to shut down their website.

FYI, Al Gore isn't running for office this year.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Red" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
NOAA must be wrong....

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

The web page opens with;
"This page is based on a brief synopsis of the 2001 report by the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and the National Research
Council's 2001 report Climate Change Science:"

This is very old information. New and better information comes out all the
time as science improves and as scientists study other previously
unstudied areas. The most recent info coming out suggests what I have
written.

Red

Yeah, things have gotten worse.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:
"Red" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
NOAA must be wrong....

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

The web page opens with;
"This page is based on a brief synopsis of the 2001 report by the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and the National Research
Council's 2001 report Climate Change Science:"

This is very old information. New and better information comes out all the
time as science improves and as scientists study other previously
unstudied areas. The most recent info coming out suggests what I have
written.

Red

Yeah, things have gotten worse.

And black is white.

Actually, global cooling is a hell of a lot scarier than global warming.
Gordon

"Gordon" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"Red" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
NOAA must be wrong....

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html
The web page opens with;
"This page is based on a brief synopsis of the 2001 report by the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and the National Research
Council's 2001 report Climate Change Science:"

This is very old information. New and better information comes out all
the time as science improves and as scientists study other previously
unstudied areas. The most recent info coming out suggests what I have
written.

Red

Yeah, things have gotten worse.

And black is white.

Actually, global cooling is a hell of a lot scarier than global warming.
Gordon

It's a huge problem that we're just starting to fully comprehend. There's no
doubt about GW and human behavior causing it. There are really two choices..
we can continue to pollute the environment and hope for the best, or we can
as quickly as economically and politically possible stop polluting and hope
for the best.

Bart can claim that Al Gore is a liar all he wants, but that's not going to
change the observable facts or the opinions of the experts.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

testing Boat Building 1 June 20th 06 01:30 AM
testing Cruising 1 June 18th 06 04:42 AM
RCE testing his new 440... UglyDan®©™ General 0 May 18th 06 04:55 PM
testing Joe Boater Electronics 0 January 13th 06 02:27 PM
testing boatlover General 1 October 3rd 03 09:34 PM