Doug Dotson

Default Shoot Your Foot -- Bahamas Entry Fee

I'm sure that they will come to their senses soon. But staying
away is purely symbolic when $300 is the price for a winter.
For charter fishing boats I can see the problem with $300
a visit, though they have soffened to $300 for 2 or 3 visits.
Life is too short to get one's shorts in a wad over $200 more
a year.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Steve" wrote in message
I guess, what I'm saying is, find an alternative until they come to their
senses. I doubt that it would take more than one season to get their
attention..

I'm sure there will still be some Mega Boat with Mega Buck owners who

would
still 'cross the boycott line' and that hurts. They probably welcome our
boycott since that means few boats in the anchorages and butts in the

bars.

Me? I'm on the west coast and haven't been to the Bahamas since 1971.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Jerry

Steve - what boycott are you talking about? The "I'm too cheap to pay $300"
boycott?

There are a lot of non-mega boats over here. Can't say that any of my
favorite anchorages are that much thinner in population. I was hoping that
the $300 would keep out a few more.

"Steve" wrote in message
I guess, what I'm saying is, find an alternative until they come to their
senses. I doubt that it would take more than one season to get their
attention..

I'm sure there will still be some Mega Boat with Mega Buck owners who

would
still 'cross the boycott line' and that hurts. They probably welcome our
boycott since that means few boats in the anchorages and butts in the

bars.

Me? I'm on the west coast and haven't been to the Bahamas since 1971.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

G. Richard Stidger

I think the point is- If we just pay the $300 fee, what next? $400,
600? Where will it end? If the Bahamas can get away with it, maybe
other countries will try it too?

I don't understand why marinas, suppliers, and now countries think
that boaters have UNLIMITED deep pockets. There are probably some,
but it certainly isn't me.

I would never consider going to Bahamas with this BS fee. I would
find another place to go.

Send them a message. Vote with your pocketbook.

Rich

"Steve" wrote in message
I guess, what I'm saying is, find an alternative until they come to their
senses. I doubt that it would take more than one season to get their
attention..

I'm sure there will still be some Mega Boat with Mega Buck owners who

would
still 'cross the boycott line' and that hurts. They probably welcome our
boycott since that means few boats in the anchorages and butts in the

bars.

Me? I'm on the west coast and haven't been to the Bahamas since 1971.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

Well theres two of use who won't be going..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

Well theres two of use who won't be going..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

LaBomba182

Subject: Shoot Your Foot -- Bahamas Entry Fee
From: "Jerry"

I was hoping that
the $300 would keep out a few more.

Amen brother! :-)

Capt. Bill

LaBomba182

From: "Jerry"

I was hoping that
the $300 would keep out a few more.

Amen brother! :-)

Capt. Bill

Messing In Boats

Make that three. I was planning a March trip with my family, but will do
the Keyes instead. I'm sure my visit elsewhere and the tons on money I
would have spent will bring them to their knees, just lioke my boycott
of Exxon after the oil spill and their refusal to pay their debt up there.

Capt. Jeff