Ray Cullum

Default Teakdecking

I am considering replacing a painted deck with a product called Teakdecking out
of Florida. A pattern is made of the deck then sent to Teakdecking to create
teak panels for installation. The panels are expoxied to the deck and vacuum
bag. No mechanical fastners are used.

It is going over a solid deck, weighs less than a handlaid teak deck and has no
screws going into the deck.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular product. I have also
looked at a product called Flexiteek which isn't teak at all but a composite
material that looks exactly like teak.

Ray Cullum
S/V Frolic
Doug Dotson

Hi Ray,

I'm interested this product. Do you have a website? Pricing?
I checked out Flexiteak and it was $11k just for the materials.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Ray Cullum" wrote in message
I am considering replacing a painted deck with a product called

Teakdecking out
of Florida. A pattern is made of the deck then sent to Teakdecking to

create
teak panels for installation. The panels are expoxied to the deck and

vacuum
bag. No mechanical fastners are used.

It is going over a solid deck, weighs less than a handlaid teak deck and

has no
screws going into the deck.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular product. I have also
looked at a product called Flexiteek which isn't teak at all but a

composite
material that looks exactly like teak.

Ray Cullum
S/V Frolic

LaBomba182

Subject: Teakdecking
From: "Doug Dotson"

I'm interested this product. Do you have a website? Pricing?
I checked out Flexiteak and it was $11k just for the materials.

http://teakdecking.com/

TDS (Teak Decking Systems) is located right here in Sarasota where I live. The
last time I got a quote from them it was $110 a square foot for them to replace
an existing teak deck. And, as I recall, not much cheaper if I removed the old
decking myself.

Price wise your best bets are either removing the old teak and glassing over
and then nonskiding. Or Rhino coating over the old teak deck.

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

Doug Dotson

Ouch! My plan is to just fill the screw holes, fix any damaged core,
sand, paint and non-skid. I've already gotten all the wood off last
fall. Just waitin the weather to warm up a bit now.

Doug
s/v Callista

LaBomba182

From: "Doug Dotson"

Ouch! My plan is to just fill the screw holes, fix any damaged core,
sand, paint and non-skid. I've already gotten all the wood off last
fall. Just waitin the weather to warm up a bit now.

Good plan.
But I would consider putting down a layer or two of glass before you paint.

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

Ray Cullum

It's not a good site but here it is. http://www.teakdecking.com/ Did you have
an opinion on Flexiteek? I understand Teakdecking will be even more expensive.

Good luck,

Ray