posted to can.rec.boating, rec.boats.cruising

Default BC Boatnet First Annual Silva Bay Winter Renderzvous

OK, a free drink to the member who comes up with a shorter name for
the Rendezvous!

Years ago, I used to sail over to Silva Bay in the winter. It's SUCH a
different place then than in the summer: mostly locals, quiet, no
yacht-clubbers being loud and obnoxious, no sea-planes taking off
every hour... And back then, I could get a Spanish Coffee and have it
in front of the huge fireplace. Then, the hotel burned down, I got a
bigger boat, and Silva Bay was just too "ordinary".

But now that BC Boatnet is around, it's a great excuse for getting
those tarps off and braving the Cold and Storm to get to the pub,
where a hot drink and cheerful conversation awaits!

Check out http://www.bcboatnet.org/cgi-bin/yab...m=119950 0559
for details.

druid
http://www.bcboatnet.org

Connecting my Silva S15 to my GPS Nigel Electronics 2 February 20th 05 03:49 PM
Annual MN Fishing Trip FredO General 4 June 6th 04 05:40 PM
silva star instrument & nmea garry crothers Electronics 2 November 23rd 03 12:36 PM
Silva S15 VFH/DSC Radio Dez Ellis Electronics 3 October 22nd 03 03:44 PM