garry crothers

Default silva star instrument & nmea

Does anyone know if the silva star range of instrument will output nmea
sentences if they are standalone.

i.e will the silva star log output nmea without the use of any other
instrument.

I did contact silva.se product support, but I am still none the wiser.

I have looked at the specs but I am still unsure whether something else is
needed.

garry

Eric

Garry:

It doesn't sound like it.

From the Silve.se site:

Star Systems
Star is used as a standalone Log or combined Log and Depth instrument.
Since Star has no Network input/output capabillites it can not be
connected to a NEXUS Network. In a Star system we recommend to use
maximum two instruments as follows:

Did you see the link for the manuals - here's the star sea data:

http://www.silva.se/marine/manuals/21317.pdf

I don't see anywhere you can connect nmea 0183.

Have you tried sending e-mail to one of their distributors?
ComNavMarine is the US and Canadian distributor . . . they've answered
my e-mails in the past.

Eric

"garry crothers" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know if the silva star range of instrument will output nmea
sentences if they are standalone.

i.e will the silva star log output nmea without the use of any other
instrument.

I did contact silva.se product support, but I am still none the wiser.

I have looked at the specs but I am still unsure whether something else is
needed.

garry

garry crothers

"Eric" wrote in message
om...
Garry:

It doesn't sound like it.

From the Silve.se site:

Star Systems
Star is used as a standalone Log or combined Log and Depth instrument.
Since Star has no Network input/output capabillites it can not be
connected to a NEXUS Network. In a Star system we recommend to use
maximum two instruments as follows:

Did you see the link for the manuals - here's the star sea data:

http://www.silva.se/marine/manuals/21317.pdf

I don't see anywhere you can connect nmea 0183.

yeah,, I think you are correct,
I saw one on ebay, and it mentioned nmea, but it looks like there is no
facility.

Thanks for your reply

regards
garry