Default Red Cloud Abandoned!

wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 22:07:27 -0700, Paul Cassel
wrote:

jeff wrote:
Joe didn't post here often, but for those that know him from ASA:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori...ue.c061dc.html

A sad day - at least they are all safe.

A boat coming apart in 20 foot seas? What type of boat is this?

A 42 foot steel ketch with a 5 ton cargo of coffee beans.

Homebuilt?

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 00:10:00 -0700, Paul Cassel

wrote:

jeff wrote:
Joe didn't post here often, but for those that know him from ASA:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori...ue.c061dc.html

A sad day - at least they are all safe.
A boat coming apart in 20 foot seas? What type of boat is this?

A 42 foot steel ketch with a 5 ton cargo of coffee beans.

Homebuilt?

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt...d3cf0830?hl=en

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt...b301cad27f766b

Very sad.

wrote:

jeff wrote:
Joe didn't post here often, but for those that know him from ASA:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori...ue.c061dc.html

A sad day - at least they are all safe.
A boat coming apart in 20 foot seas? What type of boat is this?
A 42 foot steel ketch with a 5 ton cargo of coffee beans.

Homebuilt?

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt...d3cf0830?hl=en

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt...b301cad27f766b

Very sad.

Sounds like they were inexperienced. Sad tale. Although I was unaware of
these guys, I wish that they could have succeeded.

"Paul Cassel" wrote in
message news:w4-dnVICY4lUY-

Sounds like they were inexperienced. Sad tale. Although I

was unaware of
these guys, I wish that they could have succeeded.

Joe is VERY experienced. So is Terry, his wife. They
are/were both licensed captains and used to work on various
sized boats/ships.

SBV

Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 2, 1:47*pm, "Scotty" wrote:
"Paul Cassel" wrote in
message news:w4-dnVICY4lUY-

Joe is VERY experienced. So is Terry, his wife. They
are/were both licensed captains and used to work on various
sized boats/ships.

SBV

Hummm, obviously that doesnt mean much. HOw to be a licensed
captaiin......? Own a 15' rowboat for a few years.
Fill out a CG form that says I have 180 days sea service on my
rowboat. Take the test.. now I have a 25 grt Captain License.

Go to work on a OSV as a Ordinary Seaman (minumum wage) after 180 days
then upgrade your captains license to 50 or 100 grt and get your OS
upgraded to an Able Seaman Special OSV. wich means now you make $8.50/
hr and still cant work on any boat except on somthing that works in
the GOM oil patch. Why, cause there are seveal AB levels of which AB
Special OSV is the botom of the barrel.

But you can go around and brag that youre a USCG captain and merchant
seaman.......... ya, right at $8.50 hour..
Bob

"Bob" wrote in message

groups.com...
On Jan 2, 1:47 pm, "Scotty" wrote:
"Paul Cassel" wrote in
message news:w4-dnVICY4lUY-

[...]

You're wrong Bob.

Bob Bob is offline

On Jan 2, 7:30*pm, "Scotty" wrote:

You're wrong Bob.

Wrong about what?

I dont think I all that off on the How to be a Captain part. Or was
joe that guy who bragged bout being a crewboat oerator in the
80s....?
Seems the obivious is painfully appearent.
Bob