Default Info Wanted about Wind Pilot Atlantik

I just picked up a self steering wind vane labeled WindPilot. This is
a Rudder system not ServoPendulum. Looking on the web site I see the
newer Pacific WindPilot models, but not much on this model. Does
anyone have any info on this model? I would love to get a copy of the
parts list, installation instructions, and operating instructions.

I also would like to know what size boats this is best suited for.
Thanks,

Norm

I hope you didn't pay anything for it .. you don't know what boat it will
work on, how
it works, how to assemble ...

Why did you buy it, to put it on the wall in the den?

=====
"Norm" wrote in message
I just picked up a self steering wind vane labeled WindPilot. This is
a Rudder system not ServoPendulum. Looking on the web site I see the
newer Pacific WindPilot models, but not much on this model. Does
anyone have any info on this model? I would love to get a copy of the
parts list, installation instructions, and operating instructions.

I also would like to know what size boats this is best suited for.
Thanks,

Norm

PLEASE STICK TO WRITING TO PEOPLE ABOUT SOMETHING "you know about."
STAY OFF MY THREAD!!!

On Dec 26, 9:00*am, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale"
wrote:
I hope you didn't pay anything for it ..

WRONG
you don't know what boat it will work on,

WRONG
how it works,

WRONG

====="Norm" wrote in message

I just picked up a self steering wind vane labeled WindPilot. *This is
a Rudder system not ServoPendulum. *Looking on the web site I see the
newer Pacific WindPilot models, but not much on this model. *Does
anyone have any info on this model? *I would love to get a copy of the
parts list, installation instructions, and operating instructions.

I also would like to know what size boats this is best suited for.
Thanks,

Norm- Hide quoted text -

Norm wrote:
PLEASE STICK TO WRITING TO PEOPLE ABOUT SOMETHING "you know about."
STAY OFF MY THREAD!!

Wow! Someone who claims they own the Internet!

So you don't appear to know anything about this product, but it didn't
stop you from writing about it!

wrote:
I hope you didn't pay anything for it ..

WRONG

Oops! You did pay for something and you don't know what it is!

you don't know what boat it will work on,

WRONG

Then why did you ask?

how it works,

WRONG

Then why don't you write the manual yourself?

The fact is, you bought this item, presumably with the intent of using
it on a particular boat. Now you're asking the community to help you bu
you don't have the common sense to tell us what the model name is, or
what type of boat you'd like to use it on. Here's a hint: the Atlantik
was made in several different versions, each for a different size boat.

There's a small bit of info on the Atlantik in "Self-Steering Under Sail":
http://www.windpilot.com/Grafiken/pdf/bookeng.pdf

wrote:
I hope you didn't pay anything for it ..

WRONG

Oops! You did pay for something and you don't know what it is!

you don't know what boat it will work on,

WRONG

Then why did you ask?

how it works,

WRONG

Then why don't you write the manual yourself?

The fact is, you bought this item, presumably with the intent of using
it on a particular boat. Now you're asking the community to help you bu
you don't have the common sense to tell us what the model name is, or
what type of boat you'd like to use it on. Here's a hint: the Atlantik
was made in several different versions, each for a different size boat.

There's a small bit of info on the Atlantik in "Self-Steering Under Sail":http://www.windpilot.com/Grafiken/pdf/bookeng.pdf

Hey, Thanks a lot. Yes I have found the book and read it. I would
still like info on which of the 3 models of Atlantik I have. I'd like
a copy of the applicable manuals.

"Then why don't you write the manual yourself" ??? Well, having
sailed from San Francisco to Hawaii and back on different boats with
different wind vanes I believe I could get this one to work. But it
would be nice to have the manual.

Thanks again for the second dose of sarcasm and the hints and link.