Default Skysails Launch...

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_7265817.htm

Coastal freighter saves $1600/day in fuel with SkySails kite.....

Why aren't we flying kites to pull sailboats??

Larry
--
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"I have been to several major Chinese cities and have seen first hand shops

How can they be fake? The Chinese make all "American Products" I use!

Yo .. Larry ..
I was goofing on the net .. You Tube. Did a search "sailing".
There was a video of this sailor who was single handing .. but the camera
was way up high looking
down on his boat. I thought "what".. then I read the video info.

He had this cool kite with a camera attached. He was filming himself and
his boat sailing using a kite!

So.. I am in my garage .. goofing .. and I see this pile of stuff left over
from a former tenant's yard sale.

What is this .. a KITE.. One of those BIG KITES. The kinds that look like
an airplane. The kite is made
of NYLON.

I plan on launching the kite from my little craft this spring.

I'm not going to put a camera on it,, but maybe a flag or one of those flag
like long things..

Is there any rules against this?

As I sail past Kennebunkport with my big kite flying from my boat .. I will
let my big kite sign slide up the kite line.

GEORGE BUSH SUCKS!

Then, when the blue lights of the security people start coming toward my
boat .. I will

let my other sign slide up the line ..

LARRY TOLD ME TO TELL YOU!

==========================
"Larry" wrote in message
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_7265817.htm

Coastal freighter saves $1600/day in fuel with SkySails kite.....

Why aren't we flying kites to pull sailboats??

Larry
--
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"I have been to several major Chinese cities and have seen first hand
shops
crammed with obviously fake American products." - Jon Dudas,
Undersecretary
of Commerce for Intellectual Property Rights.

How can they be fake? The Chinese make all "American Products" I use!

Larry .. take a look at this..

Pretty interesting ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGupz_9mGc

================================================== ================================

I hope this goes through ..

=================
"Larry" wrote in message
"Sir Thomas of Cannondale" wrote in

LARRY TOLD ME TO TELL YOU!

Gee, Thanks!

Larry
--
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"I have been to several major Chinese cities and have seen first hand
shops crammed with obviously fake American products." - Jon Dudas,
Undersecretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property Rights.

How can they be fake? The Chinese make all "American Products" I
use!

Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BolZh0i3YqU

I wonder ,, do you think the skipper called the charter company ??

Where's the problem? Just stopped to dig a few clams!
Gordon

WaIIy wrote in
:

Must be a heck of a kite for $725,000.

That's only $50K in 1980 dollars......sadly.

Larry

Failure to Launch Bart ASA 12 August 28th 07 06:19 PM
Pre Launch Things To Get Done JimH General 7 March 26th 07 01:50 AM
When will you launch? JimH General 26 March 10th 05 02:56 AM
Tried to launch my boat today, launch ramps CLOSED! Jim General 39 January 9th 04 08:42 PM
How to launch... Rural Knight General 3 August 13th 03 04:25 PM