BoatBanter.com

-   -   Skysails Launch... (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/88960-skysails-launch.html)

Larry December 17th 07 06:06 AM

Skysails Launch...

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_7265817.htm

Coastal freighter saves $1600/day in fuel with SkySails kite.....

Why aren't we flying kites to pull sailboats??

Larry
--
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"I have been to several major Chinese cities and have seen first hand shops

How can they be fake? The Chinese make all "American Products" I use!

Sir Thomas of Cannondale December 17th 07 12:20 PM

Skysails Launch...

Yo .. Larry ..
I was goofing on the net .. You Tube. Did a search "sailing".
There was a video of this sailor who was single handing .. but the camera
was way up high looking
down on his boat. I thought "what".. then I read the video info.

He had this cool kite with a camera attached. He was filming himself and
his boat sailing using a kite!

So.. I am in my garage .. goofing .. and I see this pile of stuff left over
from a former tenant's yard sale.

What is this .. a KITE.. One of those BIG KITES. The kinds that look like
an airplane. The kite is made
of NYLON.

I plan on launching the kite from my little craft this spring.

I'm not going to put a camera on it,, but maybe a flag or one of those flag
like long things..

Is there any rules against this?

As I sail past Kennebunkport with my big kite flying from my boat .. I will
let my big kite sign slide up the kite line.

GEORGE BUSH SUCKS!

Then, when the blue lights of the security people start coming toward my
boat .. I will

let my other sign slide up the line ..

LARRY TOLD ME TO TELL YOU!

==========================

Larry December 17th 07 04:20 PM

Skysails Launch...

"Sir Thomas of Cannondale" wrote in

LARRY TOLD ME TO TELL YOU!

Gee, Thanks!

Larry

Sir Thomas of Cannondale December 17th 07 04:44 PM

Skysails Launch...

Larry .. take a look at this..

Pretty interesting ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGupz_9mGc

================================================== ================================

I hope this goes through ..

=================

Sir Thomas of Cannondale December 17th 07 05:14 PM

Skysails Launch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BolZh0i3YqU

I wonder ,, do you think the skipper called the charter company ??

==

Gordon December 17th 07 06:00 PM

Skysails Launch...

Sir Thomas of Cannondale wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BolZh0i3YqU

I wonder ,, do you think the skipper called the charter company ??

Where's the problem? Just stopped to dig a few clams!
Gordon

Larry December 18th 07 03:13 PM

Skysails Launch...

WaIIy wrote in
:

Must be a heck of a kite for $725,000.

That's only $50K in 1980 dollars......sadly.

Larry