Default What happened to the PDQ Yacht Forum

Howdy all . . . I am not sure if anyone here has an interest in the
boats that PDQ builds, but the forum that PDQ owners corresponded on
seems to have either been shut down, or access has been restricted.
Anyone know what might have happened to the forum, and do you have any
suggestions for gaining access for us (hoping I am not the only one)
PDQ skipper-wannabes?

Thank you to all in advance.

John

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:43:53 -0800 (PST), John
wrote:

Howdy all . . . I am not sure if anyone here has an interest in the
boats that PDQ builds, but the forum that PDQ owners corresponded on
seems to have either been shut down, or access has been restricted.
Anyone know what might have happened to the forum, and do you have any
suggestions for gaining access for us (hoping I am not the only one)
PDQ skipper-wannabes?

Thank you to all in advance.

The rumor, quite possibly the fact, is that PDQ has suspended
operations and may be going out of business.

John wrote:
Howdy all . . . I am not sure if anyone here has an interest in the
boats that PDQ builds, but the forum that PDQ owners corresponded on
seems to have either been shut down, or access has been restricted.
Anyone know what might have happened to the forum, and do you have any
suggestions for gaining access for us (hoping I am not the only one)
PDQ skipper-wannabes?

The rumor is correct - PDQ has suspended operations. The way I heard
it, the drop in the US dollar against the Canadian did not help. They
where showing some very spiffy powercats (my wife loved the new 41) plus
the 44 sailing cat, but the prices were just too high to attract enough
new business. I heard they were trying to get some new funding so they
may rise again.

As for the forum, either the old one will be reborn (desirable and
likely), or the boat owners will create a new one. If any owners are
interested in participating, send me an email at "jeff at sv-loki dot
com" and I'll pass your name on to those keeping the list.

On Dec 15, 6:56 pm, jeff wrote:
John wrote:
[...]

OH CRUD!!!! . . . I just figured that the site got hacked!!!! . . . I
didnt expect to see that as an answer. How sad.

I can verify that the powercats were very nice, especially the 41. I
spent an hour and a half on the first 41 at the Miami boatshow last
February. Even my 15 year old son, who never agrees with me on boats,
understood why I was so very impressed.

I was at the factory last summer at the time the PDQ University folks
were getting on their way to take their new boats home. A happy
looking bunch.

My best wishes to the PDQ folks on their attempt to make it all work
again.

take care . . .

John

John wrote:
On Dec 15, 6:56 pm, jeff wrote:
John wrote:
[...]

Indeed.

I can verify that the powercats were very nice, especially the 41. I
spent an hour and a half on the first 41 at the Miami boatshow last
February. Even my 15 year old son, who never agrees with me on boats,
understood why I was so very impressed.

Yes, the 41 is impressive.

I was at the factory last summer at the time the PDQ University folks
were getting on their way to take their new boats home. A happy
looking bunch.

My best wishes to the PDQ folks on their attempt to make it all work
again.

The forum has been transfered to a user who is now maintaining it.
Although it appears to be up now, he says it will be a few days before
he's sure the transfer is complete and stable.

Has this ever happened to you? Harbin Osteen Cruising 1 June 29th 07 10:34 PM
What Happened? Joe ASA 0 March 25th 07 06:38 AM
Yacht Charter Vancouver - Five Star Yacht Charters Todd Zuccolo Cruising 0 April 17th 05 11:58 AM
Sorry -- don't know what happened Jim, General 5 March 29th 05 01:48 AM
What happened, Joe??? Jonathan Ganz ASA 3 November 4th 04 12:44 AM