Bobsprit

Default Air deck inflatables

we have had 2 fail. Avon. One delaminated, one was punctured by a folding
cart with wheels.

Yikes! I'm always hearing horror stories about Zodiac and Avon these days. What
happened to their quality? My friend bought a Zodiac that also fell apart and a
2K avon lost a few seams, while my "cheap" Quicksilver keeps going.
I think I'll try a foldboat next.

RB
Bill

Thanks to all for your comments. To maximize durability it would seem
Hypalon would be the material of choice - and a longer warranty is
offered as well. Most likely that will be way we will go.

-Bill

Cindy Ballreich wrote in message ...
Bill wrote:
Can anyone share their experience with the air-deck inflatables? I'm
considering an upgrade this year and wondering if the extra expense is
worth it (looks like the main advantage is less weight). I'm also
wondering if there's any sacrifice in durability.

We have an Achillies LSI-77 and are very happy with it. Easy to
manage, easy to store, fits on the foredeck. It may be a bit more
likely flip in a gust of wind than a heavier dinghy.

Funny story: In the winter at the Isthmus on Catalina the dinghy
docks are removed and you have to use the fuel dock which is
about 4-5 feet above the water. My husband was lowering a bag of
groceries into the dinghy and dropped it the last couple of feet.
All was well except that a bottle of wine bounced on the
inflatable floor and launched itself out of the bag and over the
side like a little rocket. Much hilarity was had by all present
except for my poor husband who had fruit punch with his dinner.

Cindy

New Deck Mark Davis General 4 November 28th 03 08:42 PM
New Deck Mark Davis Boat Building 3 November 28th 03 08:42 PM
Plywood & Fiberglass deck Adam Boat Building 4 September 27th 03 12:13 PM
Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing] Ignoramus26420 General 26 July 22nd 03 02:01 PM
Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing] Ignoramus26420 Boat Building 19 July 22nd 03 02:01 PM