John Smith

Default Record price for a bag of ice

Glad to see we have Aussie readers. I don't mind these places making a buck
due to the isolation etc. but I do have a long memory - and I feel compelled
to advise others of the risk. No hard feelings, a lesson learnt.

"Byron Creek" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message
Cruising over the weekend, came across a lovely spot called Cottage

Point.
Stopped in at the Kiosk for the Sunday paper and some ice. The two bags

of
ice cost us $13.00!!! When I politely questioned the proprietor he was
outright rude and offended that I should question his right to charge
whatever he wants for ice.

For the record, it was the Cottage Point Kiosk, just around from Akuna

Bay
north of Sydney, New South Wales Australia. Suggest if you are in the

area,
stop in somewhere else.

Any higher prices found out there?

Cottage Point also has the highest methylated spirit (stove alcohol) price
I've ever seen. $6.50 for a litre..........normally $3 at the supermarket.

had to buy it though as I was nearly out! Only thing they charge normal
price for is the newspaper!!

The boat club next door also had the dearest diesel fuel I've ever seen at
$1.35 a litre (normally 90 cents a litre).
They even wanted $20 for 300 litres of water.

If you go to Hallet's Cove there is a little waterfall with a plastic pipe
set in the rock. Pure rainwater for free!!

Have to agree with you about Cottage Point being a lovely spot. God's own
country up there!
I even dream of living on my boat full time in the Broken Bay area and
driving to work in Sydney every day.

Where else in the world is there such an unspoilt spot right next to a

major
city and with a beautiful all year round boating climate??? I'll be

spending
a few weeks up there in March with my Compass 29. Can't wait!!

Darren
S/V Augustan
Sydney Harbour

fraggy

BTW
I got stung by a bee last week

£25 for a jar of honey

"John Smith" wrote in message
Cruising over the weekend, came across a lovely spot called Cottage Point.
Stopped in at the Kiosk for the Sunday paper and some ice. The two bags

of
ice cost us $13.00!!! When I politely questioned the proprietor he was
outright rude and offended that I should question his right to charge
whatever he wants for ice.

For the record, it was the Cottage Point Kiosk, just around from Akuna Bay
north of Sydney, New South Wales Australia. Suggest if you are in the

area,
stop in somewhere else.

Any higher prices found out there?

fraggy