Chris

Default Lancer 25 opinions

Hi everybody,

I'd be interested to hear your opinions
on the Lancer 25, i.e. how does it sail, what
do you like/dislike about the boat etc...

I am considering buying one, I'd also be interested
to hear what typical problems with the boat are,
i.e. what I should pay special attention to.

Also, if you know sources of information on the
web, I'd appreciate being pointed there.

Thanks a lot,

Chris
DSK

Chris wrote:

Come on,

has nobody ever owned or sailed this boat?

I've never owned or sailed one, so perhaps I shouldn't comment. A friend of mine was boat shopping and
asked me to do informal surveys on a few boats he was considering. One was a Lancer, and IMHO it was a
very poorly built boat. In fact it looked like a textbook on 'how not to' and the owners wife said they
had only sailed it "a couple times when the weather was just right."

This is just one boat, and if I hadn't seen it myself I would not say such a thing... but Lancers have a
rather poor reputaton.

Any other recommendations what would be a good boat
to buy in this size?
I'm looking at the 'approx. 30 year old' price range.

I always welcome the chance to do a bit of window shopping. Not knowng just what sort of boats you like,
here's a nearly-random smattering of boats pulled off the listings at Yachtworld.com. These seem to be at
or below the asking price level for Lancers. Hope this helps, and good hunting.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._boats=1138846

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...d_boats=723112

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...d_boats=673900

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._boats=1006229

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._boats=1187411

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._boats=1187397

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...d_boats=982712

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._boats=1193062

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._boats=1155073

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._boats=1171629

Lancer 25 opinions Chris Boat Building 2 January 28th 04 07:37 PM
Lancer 25 Chris Boat Building 0 January 25th 04 04:25 AM
Lancer 25 Chris Cruising 0 January 25th 04 04:25 AM