Leonard H. Tower Jr.

Default Wanted: info on North Atlantic crossing via Greenland

Hi All,

My Dad is looking for information from small boat owners and others on
crossing the North Atlantic via Greenland this Summer.

He has a 70 foot Tolleycraft (sp?) trawler, and wants to go from New
England in the USA to Newfoundland to Labrador to Greenland to Iceland
to the Faroes (sp?) to the Shetlands, then Europe.

If you have done some or all of this cruising, or can put us in touch
with someone who has, he would appreciate the chance to e-mail/phone
them.

Please e-mail me any replies. I'll post a summary of anything
interesting.

thanx either way -len

JAXAshby

the only people who I know have done it have done it in a sailboat. The route
projected is roughly the great circle route. I do not know where one might get
along the way. Do know the recommended time for this route is end of May to
early June, though people have done it late into the fall, maybe later.

Obviously posted to wrong group. Its plain that nobody here has a boat :-)
Sinbad
"Leonard H. Tower Jr." wrote in message
Hi All,

My Dad is looking for information from small boat owners and others on
crossing the North Atlantic via Greenland this Summer.

He has a 70 foot Tolleycraft (sp?) trawler, and wants to go from New
England in the USA to Newfoundland to Labrador to Greenland to Iceland
to the Faroes (sp?) to the Shetlands, then Europe.

If you have done some or all of this cruising, or can put us in touch
with someone who has, he would appreciate the chance to e-mail/phone
them.

Please e-mail me any replies. I'll post a summary of anything
interesting.

thanx either way -len

Armond Perretta

Peter Keating wrote:
... Its plain that nobody here has a
boat :-) Sinbad

I sure hope my eyesight is as good when I get to your age.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

rick

this is a trip you take to see new country, not because it is safer being
close to land! the ice, the strong katibatic winds, the cold air and large
hard things to run into make it a less safe trip than straight across. IMHO
rick
Nova Scotia

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:28:52 -0000, Peter Keating
wrote:

Obviously posted to wrong group. Its plain that nobody here has a boat
:-)