Default ww11

HOW THE D-DAY INVASION WOULD BE REPORTED BY TODAY'S PRESS

NORMANDY , FRANCE (June 6, 1944) Three hundred French civilians were
killed and thousands more were wounded today in the first hours of
America 's invasion of continental Europe . Casualties were heaviest
among women and children. Most of the French casualties were the result
of artillery fire from American ships attempting to knock out German
fortifications prior to the landing of hundreds of thousands of U.S.
troops.. Reports from a makeshift hospital in the French town of
Sainte-Mère-Église said the carnage was far worse than the French had
anticipated, and that reaction against the American invasion was running
high. "We are dying for no reason, "said a Frenchman speaking on
condition of anonymity. "Americans can't even shoot straight. I never
thought I'd say this, but life was better under Adolph Hitler."

The invasion also caused severe environmental damage. American troops,
tanks, trucks and machinery destroyed miles of pristine shoreline and
thousands of acres of ecologically sensitive wetlands. It was believed
that the habitat of the spineless French crab was completely wiped out,
thus threatening the species with extinction. A representative of
Greenpeace said his organization, which had tried to stall the invasion
for over a year, was appalled at the destruction, but not surprised.
"This is just another example of how the military destroys the
environment without a second thought," said Christine Moanmore. "And
it's all about corporate greed."

Contacted at his Manhattan condo, a member of the French
government-in-exile who abandoned Paris when Hitler invaded, said the
invasion was based solely on American financial interests. "Everyone
knows that President Roosevelt has ties to ' big beer'," said Pierre
LeWimp. "Once the German beer industry is conquered, Roosevelt ' s beer
cronies will control the world market and make a fortune."

Administration supporters said America 's aggressive actions were based
in part on the assertions of controversial scientist Albert Einstein,
who sent a letter to Roosevelt speculating that the Germans were
developing a secret weapon -- a so-called "atomic bomb". Such a weapon
could produce casualties on a scale never seen before, and cause
environmental damage that could last for thousands of years. Hitler has
denied having such a weapon and international inspectors were unable to
locate such weapons even after spending two long weekends in Germany .
Shortly after the invasion began, reports surfaced that German prisoners
had been abused by American soldiers. Mistreatment of Jews by Germans at
their so-called "concentration camps" has been rumored, but so far this
remains unproven.

Several thousand Americans died during the first hours of the invasion,
and French officials are concerned that the uncollected corpses will
pose a public-health risk. "The Americans should have planned for this
in advance," they said. "It's their mess, and we don't intend to help
clean it up."

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:40:00 -0800, Gordon wrote:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22...&start=10&sa=N

snip
*plonk*

Gordon wrote in news:13ktqrfl8ncc129
@corp.supernews.com:

The invasion also caused severe environmental damage.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/du.htm
You need to do a little reading....

We didn't use weapons of mass destruction at Normandie. Normandie
isn't radioactive for a few million years because we invaded.

Larry
--
No amount of denial can dispute a geiger counter in a DU'd tank
full of kids playing in the DU DUST.

Can we spread some on YOUR backyard for YOUR kids to play in?
I bet NOT....

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:58:55 +0000, Larry wrote:

No amount of denial can dispute a geiger counter in a DU'd tank
full of kids playing in the DU DUST.

No ammount of verbage will make DU very radioactive. The half life is
[reaches for CRC], for U-238, 4.5 billion years. The stuff_ is_ a
heavy metal and is poisonous, [like lead and all the heavy metals]

Casady

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:58:55 +0000, Larry wrote:

No amount of denial can dispute a geiger counter in a DU'd tank
full of kids playing in the DU DUST.

No ammount of verbage will make DU very radioactive. The half life is
[reaches for CRC], for U-238, 4.5 billion years. The stuff_ is_ a
heavy metal and is poisonous, [like lead and all the heavy metals]

Casady

Thus the distinction: Heavy Metal band. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Nov 29, 11:40 am, Gordon wrote:
[...]

It's sad but true, the nuts took over the media in this country a long
time ago. The only good thing, papers like the NY Times are in
trouble, sales are way off. I think most sane people today take the
news with a big grain of salt, you have to. They would have us beleave
the election is all but over, no need to bother to vote.

"Capt John" wrote in message
[...]

Hillary won! (or was it Obama?)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Gordon wrote:

HOW THE D-DAY INVASION WOULD BE REPORTED BY TODAY'S PRESS

NORMANDY , FRANCE

[snip]

Several thousand Americans died during the first hours of the invasion,
and French officials are concerned that the uncollected corpses will
pose a public-health risk. "The Americans should have planned for this
in advance," they said. "It's their mess, and we don't intend to help
clean it up."

Yup, sounds right, totally ignore the other guys involvement, (mostly
Brits and Canucks in this case) and claim John Wayne won the war by himself.

Cheers
Marty