Tom Foppiano

Default Manta Multihull

Anyone have any experience with Mantas?

Tom Foppiano

Jeff Morris

The Manta is one of the few cats that I've been envious of. I've been on board
a number of them, but never actually sailed one. Much to like about the design
and layout.

A few things I don't like:
It has a wide beam - IIRC 22 feet. This makes it more of a challenge to find a
berth, but I have to admit any 40+ foot cat will have this issue.
A very high freeboard makes getting on and off difficult.
I don't like the center-line anchoring.

BTW, also in this class is the PDQ 42/44 - you might check it out for the
comparison.

"Tom Foppiano" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone have any experience with Mantas?

Tom Foppiano

Jerry

I had a Manta 38 for a number of years. We used it for cruising up as far
North as Martha's Vineyard, and as far South as the Exumas. The Exuma trip
was a 6 month sebatical. Loved the room it had. Loved how it handled. I no
problems with the windage that another poster pointed out. I found that
more and more marinas are making provisions for Multis. While we enjoyed
hanging on the hook, we never had a problem finding a place at a marina when
we wanted one. Yeah, sometimes it was a gas dock, but we always got a
place.

Jerry
former Manta 38 owner.

Manta Multihulls Tom Foppiano General 0 January 20th 04 03:04 PM
MULTIHULL FOR SALE--- ALPHA 2 Cruising 0 December 11th 03 06:36 PM
MULTIHULL FOR SALE ALPHA 2 Boat Building 0 December 11th 03 06:35 PM
MULTIHULL FOR SALE ALPHA 2 Boat Building 0 December 10th 03 03:26 PM