Peter Hendra

Default legality of port clearance and ships registration papers.

Hi
Could anyone tell me what may legally happen if one sails from a
foreign port without a port clearance as in some places such as Egypt
you have to pay for an extra clearance certificate.

Also, our New Zealand registration has lapsed. Egypt was the only
country so far that i had to dummy up a certificate of renewal.

My boat is a 13 metre sloop.

cheers
Peter Hendra
Rick

Peter Hendra wrote:

Could anyone tell me what may legally happen if one sails from a
foreign port without a port clearance as in some places such as Egypt
you have to pay for an extra clearance certificate.

They have very fast and well armed gunboats with crews who
need live-firing practice.

Good luck.

Rick

Larry W4CSC

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:31:52 GMT, Rick
wrote:

Peter Hendra wrote:

Could anyone tell me what may legally happen if one sails from a
foreign port without a port clearance as in some places such as Egypt
you have to pay for an extra clearance certificate.

They have very fast and well armed gunboats with crews who
need live-firing practice.

Good luck.

Rick

Impressive torpedo tubes aft of the superstructure.....

Wonder what the inside of an Egyptian prison looks like? Wonder how
many simply disappear inside it?

Larry W4CSC

Evan Gatehouse

"Peter Hendra" wrote in message
om...
Hi
Could anyone tell me what may legally happen if one sails from a
foreign port without a port clearance as in some places such as Egypt
you have to pay for an extra clearance certificate.

Also, our New Zealand registration has lapsed. Egypt was the only
country so far that i had to dummy up a certificate of renewal.

My boat is a 13 metre sloop.

cheers
Peter Hendra

It depends on the country you are trying to enter. Most will give you a
fair bit of trouble and some will not let you enter. My *guess* is that
sailing to Italy would be a good place to get into without a zarpe
(clearance papers).

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)