Evan Gatehouse

Default legality of port clearance and ships registration papers.

"Peter Hendra" wrote in message
om...
Hi
Could anyone tell me what may legally happen if one sails from a
foreign port without a port clearance as in some places such as Egypt
you have to pay for an extra clearance certificate.

Also, our New Zealand registration has lapsed. Egypt was the only
country so far that i had to dummy up a certificate of renewal.

My boat is a 13 metre sloop.

cheers
Peter Hendra

It depends on the country you are trying to enter. Most will give you a
fair bit of trouble and some will not let you enter. My *guess* is that
sailing to Italy would be a good place to get into without a zarpe
(clearance papers).

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)